Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Time Out by Jill Shalvis

Title:  Time Out
Author: Jill Shalvis
My Rating: A


Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: -
Main Characters: Mark & Rainey
Release Date: February 2012
ISBN978-0373796731
Publisher: Harlequin  

Links to Purchase:


Sexual Intensity: hot

I received a copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley in return for an honest review.



Story Overview:
Sign up for recreational adult programs now!
Class: How to Drive Him Crazy
Instructional program for women unexpectedly facing the totally dishy guy from their past. Everyone welcome!
NHL coach Mark Diego's plan to spend his off-season volunteering in his hometown goes awry when he learns that not only is he coaching teenage girls, but that the program is coordinated by energetic (and five feet two inches of trouble) coordinator Rainey Saunders, his childhood friend—and the woman he could never stand to see dating any other guy….
When their tempers flare, Mark and Rainey discover their fireworks don't just burn angry—they burn very, very hot! But that'll just sweeten the victory. Because Mark always plays to win. And with Rainey, he's planning on playing very dirty, too…




My Review:
A hot
It's no secret that I love Jill Shalvis, but even I was surprised by how much I loved this book.


On the night after losing the Stanley Cup, two of Mark's guys were in a bar brawl with two players from the other team. The video made it as a YouTube viral, so now instead of basking in a really wonderful hockey season for his team, Coach Mark Diego is having to repair the teams image. His plan for that....to put his two rogue players to work at his brother's community rec center coaching baseball.


Unfortunately, the rec center coordinator is childhood friend, Rainey. At least they were friends until she threw herself at him one night and he turned her down flat. Since then, things have been a bit tense between the two of them, even though that happened fourteen years ago.


The best thing about this book...the dialogue between Mark and Rainey. OMG, Jill is just an amazing writer. Everything about this book seemed effortless and natural. When I was reading it, I would completely forget that I was reading a book. I became completely immersed! Mark & Rainey have pretty much known each other their entire lives. As a result, even though things are really tense sexually between the two, there is an ease to their dialogue that I just loved. They completely knew how to push each other's buttons and I loved reading that.


I liked the whole story line set-up. It was fun and you all know that I am a huge sports-book fan! Add in that these two had this long, crazy history between them, and yep...this book was good! I picked it up late one morning and didn't put it down again until it was completely finished. It was that good! I just love Jill Shalvis' writing. It keeps me laughing, but at the same time, there is a depth of emotion that is just gorgeous. Beautiful love story!


Jill Shalvis + sports book + Harlequin Blaze = PERFECTION!

1 comment:

Felicia Sparks said...

Everyone is loving this book! I am not a fan of the cover but it does sounds like a really good book!