Saturday, February 25, 2012

Ride With Me by Ruthie Knox


Title:  Ride With Me
Author: Ruthie Knox
My Rating: A+



Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: -
Main Characters: Tom & Lexie
Release Date: February 2012
ISBNe-book
Publisher: Random House Loveswept


Links to Purchase:

Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
In this fun, scorching-hot eBook original romance by Ruthie Knox, a cross-country bike adventure takes a detour into unexplored passion. As readers will discover, Ride with Me is not about the bike! 
 
When Lexie Marshall places an ad for a cycling companion, she hopes to find someone friendly and fun to cross the TransAmerica Trail with. Instead, she gets Tom Geiger—a lean, sexy loner whose bad attitude threatens to spoil the adventure she’s spent years planning.
 
Roped into the cycling equivalent of a blind date by his sister, Tom doesn’t want to ride with a chatty, go-by-the-map kind of woman, and he certainly doesn’t want to want her. Too bad the sight of Lexie with a bike between her thighs really turns his crank.
 
Even Tom’s stubborn determination to keep Lexie at a distance can’t stop a kiss from leading to endless nights of hotter-than-hot sex. But when the wild ride ends, where will they go next?

My Review:

OMG, I absolutely loved this book!! I have been hearing the hype for a couple of weeks and knew that I had to read this book, if only for the reason that my husband is a bicyclist and I have been hearing about the TransAm ride for years. BUT this book was SO MUCH MORE than I expected and so freaking good...and funny...and entertaining. I am not a bicyclist, but I LOVED THIS BOOK.

First, just to give you a feel for the book, let me post a couple of quotes...
If she'd been able to breathe fire, he'd be toast by now, but considering her size and general adorableness, it was like being stared down by Tinker Bell.

And then there was the hotness thing, which she needed to find a way to stop noticing. She'd just have to focus on his personality. That ought to do the trick.

...because she'd spent the whole morning two feet off his back tire, staring at his broad shoulders and his chiseled calves. It would have been a nice view if he weren't such a jerk. Okay, technically it was a nice view anyways. But that didn't mean she had to like it.

These are two people who start off this 4000 mile bike ride in the worst of circumstances...hating each other. But it's a 3 month ride where they are spending 24/7 with each other....yep, that tension definitely morphs into something else and whoa! Is it a fun transformation of feelings and attitude to watch. I giggled through so much of this book. Tom has his reasons for being the jerk and hermit that he is, but he wasn't always that way. As Lexie slowly discovers his reasons, you get to watch their feelings develop. A development with NEITHER of them are happy about...they (neither one of them) want to complicate their lives by getting involved.

In the midst of the budding romance, you also get to catch glimpses of the road as they travel cross-country...really fun reading! There wasn't a thing about this story that I didn't love. I loved the story line. I loved the characters. I loved the conflict. I enjoyed the bicycling aspect. I loved the romance. It was just a fabulous book!

BTW, I am NOT a bicyclist, but my husband is. If you walk into our house on any given day, there more than likely will be an Adventure Cyclist mag laying about. My husband is a complete gearhead like Lexie, but uses a Brooks Leather saddle, like Tom's in the book. I am hoping to convince him to give the book a read. I think that he will enjoy it too.

No comments: