Sunday, February 12, 2012

Below the Belt by Skye Warren

Title:  Below The Belt
Author: Skye Warren
My Rating: B+ 

Genre: Erotic Romance
Series: -
Main Characters: Abe & Paris
Release Date: January 2012
ISBNebook
Publisher: self-published
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic


I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.


Story Overview:
Black belt Abe Montgomery is focused on winning gold. But at nationals, Abe meets Paris, a beautiful, mysterious woman. Paris Rivera has sworn off men and martial arts. Her black belt cost her more than years of dedication and sweat. The fight of Abe’s life looms ahead, with his dreams of owning a school and his future with Paris hanging in the balance. He may dominate on the mats, but he’s fallen hard for her. When the time comes for them to part, he may not be able to let go.

BELOW THE BELT is a 30,000 word novella of erotic romance featuring explicit sex and graphic language. Not for those under 18 years of age or those uncomfortable with the subject matter.

My Review:
I was contacted by the author to review this book and I really didn't know what to expect. As an erotica, you just never know how good the book is going to be. I am happy to admit that I was really pleasantly surprised. This book was good! There was a lot more depth to the book than I expected with several really interesting side-stories to go along with the great romantic main story line.

The main story is between Abe & Paris. They are both at a National martial arts competition. Abe is there as a competitor favored to win gold and Paris is there as part of the support team for her younger sister. Paris used to compete, but now she doesn't (the why of that doesn't come out until the very end of the book and I was completely surprised by the reasons.) I really liked Abe & Paris. They have an instant chemistry, but several obstacles keep cropping up to keep them apart. What I liked about them though was the genuine caring and consideration between them. This is an erotica...you don't often find sweet innocent moments in those, but this one had several. I liked that...a lot!

Like I said, there were also several side stories. One that just broke my heart...aw, Blake...one of the guys that Abe grew up with. Throughout the book, he has this huge chip on his shoulder and when the reasons as to why come out...OMG! Skye, you are writing a book for him, right??? *Please say yes.*

Overall this was a fabulous book. It was interesting to enter the world of martial arts (which I know NOTHING about.) The book is short, but it read like a much longer book. And it was HOT! I enjoyed it!

No comments: