Thursday, January 5, 2012

TBR Thursday....I have a problem....

After Readers n Ritas, my TBR pile officially was too big for my cabinet so last month, I rearranged my books. This entire bookshelf is now my TBR pile. *eeks* Do you see how many books are in there?!!?!


So, I have a new book-buying plan, because I do NOT plan to stop buying books (that would be like asking me to stop breathing.) No, instead, I am only allowed to buy books on the 2nd, 12th, and 22nd of each month. This way, maybe I can stop some of those impulse buys and only buy the books that I really need.


Oh, who am I kidding? Are you all looking at the same bookcase as me? I don't NEED ANY new books....hehe! But there are a few that I simply cannot go without.


hmmm, I told you I was behind on my Virgin River series...*eeks*


There are so many books in these piles that I want to read TODAY!!! 
I have to admit, I like looking at them.
See, it's a sickness....


Julie, take note...Ilona Andrews below. Book #5 is in there somewhere too, but it's somewhere else on the bookcase since I bought it at a different time.



hmmm, I need to have  a series month, I think...
Maybe, two months.


And we won't even talk about the 100 books that I have on my Kindle TBR.

The bad thing is...right now I have so many reviews that I am doing, I don't even have time to touch these books. *sobs* But I am thinking that I am about to get far enough ahead so that I can change that little fact.

So, make me feel better. How out of control is your TBR pile???

13 comments:

Voirey Linger said...

I feel your pain. My print books aren't so bad... a couple dozen.

My Kindle is another matter. I have 1,134 in my romance TBR and another 120 or so unfiled. This isn't counting the books I have filed by author or books that aren't romances.

I'm scared to tally them all up.

I read fast, so I've always bought a lot of books. when I started writing I didn't have as much time for reading... but my buying didn't slow down. I have a bit of a backlog now. I'm trying to not buy any books until I've cleared at least 50 from the Kindle. We'll see how that goes.

Island Reader said...

o_o wow. You gotta admit it is pretty though. Good luck getting to read them!

My physical TBR only has about 20 books in it, so that's not too bad (I actually wish it were more :x). My kindle TBR is out of control though!

Elaine said...

I noticed that you had Kasey Michaels Everythings Coming Up Rosie. You really need to move that towards the top of your get-to list. I love that book!

Christi Snow said...

hehe...Elaine, that is a book that I bought in a used bookstore simply because I fell in love with the cover. I am so glad to hear that the book is good too! ;o)

Felicia Sparks said...

YEP! I have a TBR problem too---250 unread paperbooks and we are not discussing kindle books :)

Good LUCK!

tjbedard said...

Yep, I've got the same problem. I used to just have a separate pile of TBR books, but it drove me crazy cause I like my bookcase to be organized. I now put yellow stickers on the books that need TBR so I can put them with their proper series on the bookcase. And I'm still buying more books. And the Kindle has lots of TBR books too :o)

Julie said...

OMG You have SO MANY AWESOME BOOKS yet to read! I Squeed many times while looking at your photos excited for you to get to them. lol
And the size of your pile, I see nothing wrong with that. ;)

Natalija said...

Wow!!! I have only 15 books on my TBR pile. I envy you because you have so many "Virgin River" books to read. Since I read them in Italian, I'm currently stuck at # 8 which will come out next month.

Amber Hight said...

AHHHH!!!! These pictures make me so happy:) I know what you mean about wanting to read them all TODAY, I have that problem as well, lol! I probably have about as many books in my TBR pile as your stack, only they're all still in boxes! My plan this weekend is to organize the bookshelves *happy sigh*

Vicky said...

Yay, I'M NOT ALONE! *happy dance*
I've been thinking about how I should rearrange my bookshelf because I can't fit any more books in lol. Good plan! Hope it works :)

Jen D. @ Not Now...I'm Reading! said...

I too have a TBR problem. If I should you pictures of mine you'd faint.

Aurian said...

Lol, I think my TBR is 2000 print books, don't talk about ebooks. But you sure have some great reads in there. And I was surprised by the book by Christina Skye. I don't have that one, have to remedy that. I once tried to read 5 books, buy 1. Well, I guess it went the other way around ...

Paperback Daydreamer said...

Christi, you are not alone in this fact! I've made the rule for myself that I can only buy books that are on my highly anticipating list!!!! I know I won't completely stick to that but I'm really going to try. Right now I have about 260 books on my TBR bookshelf, not including books on my kindle!!!!!