Sunday, January 29, 2012

Size Matters by Stephanie Julian



Title:  Size Matters
Author: Stephanie Julian
My Rating: B+


Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Fringe #1
Main Characters: Carrie & Tim
Release Date: September 2010
ISBN:e-book
Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Links to Purchase:

Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Carrie Benton's got the best job in the world working as a reporter for the Weekly News Journal. Chupacabra picnicking at the Jersey Shore? Check. Aliens in the White House? Absolutely. Bigfoot stalking the forests of northern Pennsylvania? Well, okay . . . but Bigfoot is so Left Coast.

Tim Sattizahn can't believe his luck. The six-foot redhead who crashed into his forest during a snowstorm is gorgeous, funny and hot for him. Everything would be perfect except for the fact that she's looking for Bigfoot.

And, unfortunately for Tim, she found him . . .

My Review:
Vanessa, the Jeep Diva, has been reviewing a bunch of Stephanie Julian books this week  (go check out her reviews, they're really fabulous) and we got to chatting about this book yesterday. So, last night when I was in the mood for something a little bit different than the book I was reading, I pulled this one out of my Kindle TBR pile. It was a perfect change of pace. This book is just pure fun...and makes me hope that it's kind of true. 

The premise is fun and entertaining (read the Story Overview above if you haven't already.) I loved the chemistry between Carrie and Tim. I adored Tim's character...his loneliness gave him an incredibly sexy vulnerable air. I liked how Carrie handled her professional conundrum. And I adored the relatives who just dropped in on Tim (who is bigfoot)...his cousin Andy who is a Yeti and Fry who is a Fairy. Really the entire book was just pure simple fun. It's really short and I would have liked it to develop their relationship just a bit more, but overall I was really happy with this one. Great for a quick, happy romantic fix with a twist to the paranormal side!

2 comments:

Vanessa theJeepDiva said...

Isn't Tim like the sweetest guy EVAH! This was the first Julian book I ever read. And how do you not name your Yeti Jeep Andy. Great review, glad you liked it!

Felicia Sparks said...

I know she went on a total S.J. kick last week. Made me bump up the couple that i have by her on my TBR :) Nessa is good for that kind of thing...