Friday, January 13, 2012

SEAL of My Dreams Anthology

Title:  SEAL of My Dreams
Author: Anthology (18 authors)
My Rating: A


Genre: Contemporary Military Romance
Series:-
Main Characters: anthology
Release Date: November 2011
ISBN: 978-1611940510
Publisher: Bell Bridge Books
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy


I received an e-book copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley in return for an honest review, but I did also purchase my own print copy.

Story Overview:
True heroes who will win your heart.
Honor, duty, courage, passion . . . the men of the Navy SEALs are a special breed of hero, and in these stories by eighteen top romance authors the SEALs are celebrated not only as symbols of devoted service to their country but as the kind of man every woman wants to love. They'll rescue a damsel in distress and her lap dog, too. They'll battle hometown dramas and international bad guys. When it comes to giving away their hearts, they'll risk everything.
All proceeds from sales of SEAL of My Dreams goes to the Veterans Research Corporation, a non-profit fundraiser for veterans' medical research.
Among them, the authors of SEAL of My Dreams have won dozens of writing awards including multiple RITAs from Romance Writers of America. Their nearly 600 published novels have sold at least 25 million copies worldwide. The SEAL of My Dreams roster includes many of the best-known authors in modern romance fiction. In addition, many have strong family connections to the servicemen and women of our nation's military, and many specialize in novels featuring heroes and heroines from all branches of service. Visit the authors at www.sealofmydreams.com.

My Reviews:
Coming Home by Jami Alden
My rating: B+
A tragedy brings this SEAL home to the love that he thought that he left behind.

Baby, I'm Back by Stephanie Bond
My rating: A
After a traumatic injury, this SEAL is trying to find his place in this world.

SEAL'ed Fates by Kylie Brant
My rating: A+
A widow doing everything to protect her children and the SEAL willing to stand beside her.

Going Dark by Helen Brenna
My rating: A+
A rescue mission in Somalia where the objective gets jumbled by a surprise hostage.

Finding Home by HelenKay Dimon
My rating: B+
A government in the middle of a coup finds a diplomat in need of a capable SEAL.

SEALed with a Kiss by Cindy Gerard
My rating: A
Luke and Val- One of my favorite Black Ops Inc couples dealing with life and death after their HEA. 

Panama Jack by Tara Janzen
My rating: B
An undercover CIA agent and a SEAL bodyguard- the sparks are flying.

Wrapped and SEALed by Leslie Kelly
My rating: A-
A stint as Santa brings this SEAL back to the doctor that he's remembered for three years.

Worth the Risk by Elle Kennedy
My rating: B
He's finally out of the SEAL's. Now his high school sweetheart has to decide if he's worth the risk.

Twenty-One Hours by Alison Kent
My rating: A+
21 hours for high school best friends to reconnect into something more. Set in the wildfires around Austin which I loved because it's close to home.

Not Waving but Drowning by Jo Leigh
My rating: A
Such a gorgeous story about friendship and being there for the one that you love.

Her Secret Pirate by Gennita Low
My rating: B
Captured by pirates at sea, this gal has her very own SEAL to save her and her ambassador father.

SEALed by Fate by Merliss Melton
My rating: C
At crossed purposes, these two do not see eye to eye about the fact that they both have devoted their lives for others. No HEA here. :o(

Signed, SEALed, Delivered: I'm Yours by Christie Ridgway
My rating: A+
I loved this one! True love found in the chaos of a country erupting.

Dog Heart by Barbara Samuel
My rating: A+
PTSD for both dog and SEAL- aw, I could have read a full, long book about this wonderful story.

Whirlwind by Roxanne St. Claire
My rating: B+
Love and a second chance at life found in the middle of a hurricane.

Holding On by Stephanie Tyler
My rating: A+
I loved Stephanie's books about Nick, Jake, and Chris and I loved this revisit with them, the girls, and all the rest of the family. Just perfect.

Letters to Ellie by Loreth Anne White
My rating: A++
OMG, what a absolutely gorgeous, heartbreaking story. I bawled all the way through it. Just the perfect ending to this amazing book.

3 comments:

Paperback Daydreamer said...

What a great way to review such a long anthology! We all know that I can be so long winded, I'm always afraid of reviewing Anthologies because I know I'll make them too long...but you did this perfect! That last story sounds great, if I'm in a very big crying mood...I'll definitely have to keep this in mind. :-D

Felicia Sparks said...

WOW! You were awesome in writing something about every story. I really liked the stories and while each one I wanted more from---they were still full stories.

Love that they did this for charity :)

Aurian said...

I've won this book, and still have not read it. But your loving most of the stories sure encourages me.