Thursday, January 5, 2012

Nightfall by Norah Wilson



Title: Nightfall
Author: Norah Wilson
My Rating: A

Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Vampire Romance #2
Main Characters: Aiden & Samantha
Release Date: October 2011
Publisher: Norah Wilson

ISBN: e-book
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

I received a copy of the book from the author in return for an honest review.

Story Overview:
Aiden Afflack is as charming as he is gorgeous. Unless you're a rogue vampire, in which case he’s apt to be the last thing you see. Sam Shea is a wildly successful nature photographer whose prescient dreams lead her to awe-inspiring weather phenomena.

When their paths cross and Aiden discovers that his proximity to Sam warps her psychic power, causing her to hone in on vampire violence instead of violent weather, he knows he’s found a priceless tool in his fight to rid the world of rogues.

Sam has a deep-rooted aversion to having her powers exploited, but once her eyes have been opened to the lives she can help save, she can’t withhold her cooperation. But she can deny Aiden the other thing he wants from her, which makes her unique among women. And absolutely irresistible to Aiden!



My Review:

This is book 2 of Norah Wilson's Vampire romance series and I liked it just as much as I did the first. These are, quite simply, just really good and entertaining books.

Aiden is a hunter of rogue vampires who works for Delano (hero from book #1, The Merzetti Effect.) In this world, there are two types of vampires...normal, nice ones and then those who prey on others for blood, usually killing them. In this vampire world, taking blood from others without their permission is the equivalent of rape. The problems with the rogues is that they not only rape the blood and mind, but they also usually kill their victims. Aiden hunts and disposes of these rogue vampires.

Sam is the heroine of this novel. Sam is a professional storm photographer. She is especially good at what she does because she is somehow psychically in tune with the violence of storms and has a precognition of when they are going to happen. Through a psychic quirk, they discover that Sam's psychic skills also apply to the violence of the rogue vampires. She knows when one is going to strike. Unfortunately, Sam has been used for her psychic powers before so she is VERY reluctant to team up with Aiden, but when people are being murdered, her moral compass won't let her say no to helping him.

This is a really powerful book. Aiden chose to become a vampire for the express purpose of hunting rogues. His passion is his work, but that doesn't make the fact that people are dying any easier on him mentally. Sam doesn't want to be involved at all, but she is so strong. As these two get to know each other, the beauty of their growing relationship and empathy is really gorgeous. They connect and it is just so perfectly done...for both of their personalities. I loved their love story and did not see how it was going to work out. Again, this was a book that had me gasping out loud when the twists began. Never in my wildest dreams did I see where it was going...whoa! So good!!!

I am always leery when a self-pubbed author contacts me, because let's be honest, there are some not so great self-pubbed books out there. But, OMG, these books by Norah Wilson do NOT fall into that category. These two books are A.MAZ.ING!! They are as good or better as any other published paranormal books out on the market today. They are superbly written with wonderful characters that I simply fell in love with. I can't wait to see where else she goes with this series! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND these books if you love Paranormal Romance!

5 comments:

maldivianbookreviewer said...

I totally agree.
I love ALL Norah's books and hope you do as well.
She is a wonderful person as well as a great author and thats why I love her! :)

Martha Paley Francescato said...

I have also reviewed this novel for amazon. The heroine of this novel is Sam/Samantha. Ainsley is the one in The Merzetti Effect...

Christi Snow said...

Thanks, Martha! I read them back-to-back and am notoriously awful with names. I even get them wrong in the books that I am writing...LOL! All fixed now. smiles...

Aurian said...

Wow, such a recommendation from some one who reads as much as you do, sure puts them squarely on my wishlist. Great review.

Paperback Daydreamer said...

First off, I absolutely LOVE this cover! I thought I liked book 1's cover...but definitely not as much as this one!!!! :-D I'll definitely place these on my TBR list to check out...someday...I just need to get back into the groove of things again!