Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Crash Into You by Roni Loren



Title:  Crash Into You
Author: Roni Loren
My Rating: B+


Genre: Erotic Romance
Series: Loving on the Edge #1
Main Characters: Brynn & Reid
Release Date: January 2012
ISBN978-0425245248
Publisher: Penguin Heat
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic

Story Overview:
Brynn LeBreck has dedicated herself to helping women in crisis, but she never imagined how personal her work would get, or where it would take her. Her younger sister is missing, suspected to be hiding from cops and criminals alike at a highly secretive BDSM retreat-a place where the elite escape to play out their most extreme sexual fantasies. To find her, Brynn must go undercover as a sexual submissive. Unfortunately, The Ranch is invitation only. And the one master who can get her in is from the darkest corner of Brynn's past.
Brynn knows what attorney Reid Jamison is like once stripped of his conservative suit and tie. Years ago she left herself vulnerable only to have him crush her heart. Now she needs him again. Back on top. And he's all too willing to engage. But as their primal desires and old wounds are exposed, the sexual games escalate-and so does the danger. Their hearts aren't the only things at risk. Someone else is watching, playing by his own rules. And his game could be murder.

My Review:
I really liked this book. I picked it up on a whim from a Twitter post and was pleasantly surprised at how much I did really enjoy it. There's a lot going on in this book, and honestly, I can't really share much of it without spoiling part of the story for you as you read it. Brynn  & Reid were involved 10 years ago and suddenly they find themselves once again working together. The story slowly unfolds, chapter by chapter. One chapter is written in the "Now", then the next chapter will be written in the "Then". As a result, there are two stories being told and you just hope that one of them ends up happily. I really liked that and how it all slowly comes out at to the why this couple's romance devolved, at the same time that they are relearning each other.

The entire story is set in the erotic world of BDSM and it is seriously sexy. Brynn is the one that broke it off ten years ago and there are things that Reid doesn't know that led to that break-up. LOTS of emotion here. I really, really liked it. I am at a loss as to what else to say, because I don't want to give away any of the story. There are several twists which culminates in a very suspenseful ending. Just a really great book. If you like erotica, especially that which circles around BDSM, I highly recommend this one.

I definitely have Melt Into You, Jace's book, on my to-buy list when it comes out on July 3rd.

2 comments:

Paperback Daydreamer said...

This one does sound very sexy. I like the flashing back and forth from the then and now...I really enjoy books and movies that do that! I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Jace's book when it releases in July! :-D

Aurian said...

Nope, not my kind of book.