Monday, January 16, 2012

The Best Mistake by Kate Watterson

Title:  The Best Mistake
Author: Kate Watterson
My Rating: A-



Genre: Erotic Romance
Series: - 
Main Characters: Lacey, Ran, and Rick
Release Date: January 2012
ISBN: e-book
Publisher: Carina Press
Links to Purchase:
Amazon
Sexual Intensity: erotic

I received a copy of this book from the Publisher and NetGalley in return for an honest review.


Story Overview:
When Lacey Billings gives her boyfriend, Ran, an erotic wake-up call in the middle of the night, she's shocked to discover that the gorgeous man she's kissing isn't Ran...it's his cousin, Rick.
Although Ran laughs off the mix-up, Lacey and Rick can't stop thinking about the unexpected encounter, and they can't escape the scorching flashbacks it's aroused.
Ran doesn't want an innocent mistake to ruin his relationship with his girlfriend or his cousin, so he proposes a solution. He wants the three of them to solve this problem the old-fashioned way, by sleeping on it...together.
17,000 words

My Review:

Whoa, this is one scorching hot little novella! I think what makes this so hot is the forbidden. As the reader, you know that Lacey is making a mistake...and that mistake goes pretty far before she realizes who is in her boyfriend's bed. It's hot and really smexy!

Then you get into the story and get to know these characters which I really liked. Ran and Rick are best friends as well as cousins. One is a doctor, one is a lawyer. Being cousins, they are built a lot alike. The difference is that Rick is much more serious than Ran. Ran is the risk-taker. Ran is also an analyzer....he's the lawyer, and he's the one that sees the situation between Rick and Lacey is interfering with all of them. It's an interesting twist and one that I enjoyed because he is the one that has to convince Lacey and Rick...even though they are the one's fighting their attraction to one another.

My only real complaint with this book is that there was just something lacking in that final scene when the three of them finally do get together. For some reason, it just didn't have the spice and smexiness that the rest of the book had throughout. BUT overall, that did not affect my enjoyment of this book...at all! In fact, I read it one evening, then liked it so much, that I read it again the next morning.

I look forward to reading more by this author, and can guarantee you that I will be re-reading this one quite a bit. (the wonderful thing about it being a novella!)


2 comments:

Felicia Sparks said...

It does sound like one hot read!

Paperback Daydreamer said...

I saw this one up on Netgalley and I wasn't sure about it. However, after your review I think I really do need to check it out. :-D Glad you enjoyed it so much Christi.