Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wild Thing by Robin Kaye


Title: Wild Thing
Author: Robin Kaye
My Rating: B

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: #1
Main Characters: Hunter & Toni
Release Date: December 2011
ISBN978
-1402257278
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

I received a copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley in return for an honest review.

Story Overview:
Whitewater-rafting guide Hunter Kincaid lands his dream job—guiding sportswear models through Idaho's rugged wilderness for a photo shoot. When he meets Toni Russo, the goth New York manager of Action Models, there are enough sparks to set the forest ablaze.
When Hunter finds Toni's book on how to marry the man of your choice, he studies it as a joke. Before long Hunter realizes he's never cared enough for a woman to bother working this hard to get her. But the last man in the world this city girl wants is a Survivor Man wannabe...

My Review:
I really love Robin's writing. I think that I have read all of her books so far, and this one did not disappoint. These are books are simply fun to read...pure entertainment with some wonderful, feel-good romance in them.


This is the start of a new series, although there are a few characters that you will recognize if you have read Robin Kaye's previous books. This series features the Kincaid siblings. Even how they all received their names is a really funny:
"Hunter, Trapper, and Fisher. You three aren't brothers are you?"

Hunter smiled. "What tipped you off?"

"The family resemblance. Your parents have a hell of a sense of humor."

"Yeah, well. My dad was trapping when Trapper was born, hunting and fishing when Fisher and I were born. When he wasn't there for our baby sister's birth, Mom finally divorced him."

"What's your sister's name?"

"Karma."

I was already giggling about the names in this book before I heard the explanation behind them. Too funny and that kind of humor is throughout the entire book, which makes it so much fun to read.

Toni is a goth chick from NYC, who got wrestled into handling this photo shoot by her boss at the last minute. After a scarring event in her life at age 6, Toni is absolutely terrified of anything to do with the outdoors. Not exactly the person that you expect to hook up with a professional outdoorsman like Hunter. Their pairing was unlikely, but that's what made it fun to read. 

There is so much that is fun about this book: 
*I adored the relationship between the four siblings. The constant bets between Trapper & Fisher were too funny. I loved Karma as the little sister and the way that she was always giving her brothers such a hard time. I laughed out loud a lot about Hunter when he thinks about Karma having sex.

*Robin ALWAYS writes her heroes as domestic gods and their heroines...not so much! LOVE THAT!! A guy that can clean and cook...and wants to do it. There is nothing sexier!!

*James--I really liked the perspective he added to the story with his take on Hunter and Toni. Great addition!

*I liked the overall story...a week-long photo shoot in the outdoors. It created a great backdrop for the story. Great ambiance!

My only complaint was that I felt like Toni's issues/angst got to be a bit much about 3/4 of the way through the book, but that's where the conflict for the story came from, so I am not even sure if you could change that. It was the impetus for the forward momentum at the end of the book.

Overall, this was simply a fun book that I really enjoyed reading. I am really looking forward to reading about the rest of the siblings. Hopefully, their books are soon to follow!

3 comments:

Jen (In the Closet With a Bibliophile) said...

Hi Christi! Found you over at Missie's and thought I'd drop in and check out Smitten With Reading! I'm a romance reader as well and I'm always looking for new books. Can't wait to see your reviews! :D

Christi Snow said...

Thanks Jen! Hopefully, we have similar tastes in books!! Welcome to Smitten! smiles...

Robin Kaye said...

Thanks for the great review! I'm so glad you liked Wild Thing. Call Me Wild, Fisher's book should be out in August or September (I don't have a firm release date yet) and then Trapper's will be out after that--once I write it.