Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Waltz this Way by Dakota Cassidy



Title: Waltz this Way
Author: Dakota Cassidy
My Rating: A+

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Trophy Wives #3
Main Characters: Mel & Drew
Release Date: March 2012
Publisher: BerkleyISBN978-0425245507
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

I received a copy of this book in return for an honest review.



Story Overview:
In her new novel, national bestselling author of Burning Down the Spouse, Dakota Cassidy takes on life, love, and championship ballroom dancing. Get ready to rumba.
Left without a partner...
When former ballroom champion Melina Cherkasov found out that her famous husband was cheating, she was devastated, especially since she was informed by a sleazy reporter on national TV. Thanks to an ironclad prenup and a scumbag ex, Melina has to pack up her dog and her dignity and take refuge in her dad's retirement community in New Jersey.
...it's time to take the lead.
To make ends meet, Melina puts her dancing shoes to use as an instructor at Westmeyer-a private school for boy geniuses. Teaching a bunch of hormonal teenagers to waltz is trying, but the school's sexy handyman provides ample distraction. Drew McPhee is perfect, except for one thing: He doesn't like dancing. Thankfully, the finesse Drew lacks on the floor is more than made up for by his skills in the bedroom. And after one steamy night, the ballroom diva is the one getting swept off her feet...


My Review:

I have absolutely loved the trophy wives series by Dakota Cassidy. This is book #3 in the series and I honestly think that it has been the absolute best in the series. There was something about this book that touched me deeper than the other two did. I think that a lot of it had to do with the addition of the boy geniuses at the school where Mel teaches, especially Nate, Drew's son. Mel has a wicked sense of humor and every single time she interacted with these boys, I giggled about it. I liked the perspective that Nate had to add to the story and the twists that his part of the story brought to the story. As a genius, he is so level-headed about his approach to Drew and Mel's feelings and reactions to each other...at the age of 12, it was completely endearing. I really liked his character.

Drew and Mel are polar opposites. She's a ballroom dancing champ, hired by his son's private school to teach the boys how to waltz. Drew is a handyman and carpenter and is furious when he finds out that his son's supposed high-level of education includes something as "frivolous" as dance. Mel, obviously, takes a little offense at the fact that he disses her craft that she loves like that. From there things get a little testy between the two, despite their mutual attraction. They both have been divorced and both have their scars because of that. I like the way that Dakota made the real issues in this one belong to Drew. Mel has her issues too, but it is really Drew that learns and grows in this book.

There are some really sweet scenes in this book....the ones that take place in the tree house are my favorite. I enjoyed getting to watch the progression, as rocky as it is, of the relationship between these two. I love that Mel is fairly emotionally stable (at least, after the first date night/coffee shop fiasco.) She is a little more emotionally stable than most of Dakota's trophy wives usually are right after their divorces. It was nice that there didn't seem to be quite so much crazy from the female side of the relationship...although, don't get me wrong. There was plenty of crazy in this book. It is still a Dakota book. ;o)

As is usual for all of Dakota's books, there was a FABULOUS group of supporting characters in this one....Maxine, Frankie & Jasmine, the ex-trophy wives from the other two books. But there were also some great new characters in this one...Jackie and Neil (Mel's best friends,) Myriam (Drew's trouble-making aunt,) and even Stan (Mel's ex.)

Overall, I highly recommend this one. I am not even a fan of the reality dancing shows or ballroom dancing and I still thoroughly enjoyed the story line in this book. Mel is funny. Drew is sexy. Nate is smart and so mature. It was simply fabulous and more than a little sexy too!! A+ for this book!!

6 comments:

Julie said...

I have requested this book and I have it scheduled in my planner. It just looks like so much fun! And your review confirms what I thought. I can't believe you got your hands on it so early! Now I'm really excited for it. :)

Aurian said...

Ooo great review, I want to start reading this series!

Vanessa Romano said...

Great review! Dakota is crazy. I have the 2nd book in this series. I gotta get the 1st one though so I get my laugh on.

Kristin said...

Great review. I have never read the Trophy Wives series or actually anything by this author but this definitely does sound like a good read.
✿Kristin✿
Book Sniffers Anonymous

Felicia Sparks said...

I am looking forward to March! I love this series!

raven said...

Dakota rocks!! I love this series and her Accidental series! Check her out if you haven't yet!!