Saturday, December 3, 2011

Demons Like It Hot by Sidney Ayers

Title:  Demons Like it Hot
AuthorSidney Ayers
My Rating: D+

This book releases on December 6, 2011.

Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series:  Demons Unleashed #2
Main Characters: Matthias & Serah
Release Date: December 2011
ISBN
978-1402251771
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: mild

I received a copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley in return for an honest review.

Story Overview:
Serah SanGermano runs a successful catering company in a Midwestern town. After she inadvertently helped her friend unleash a legion of demons, she's been trying to hide her own newly discovered powers. Matthias Ambrose, a mysterious demon mercenary sent to protect her, has his own secret– one that will embroil them both in the scandal from hell.

My Review:
Unfortunately, this was just not a book that I enjoyed. The possibility was there because the story line was good, but there were so many issues that made the book just annoying. The dialogue was cliche. The characters were constantly contradicting and repeating themselves. It was simply a frustrating book to read. 

I still have no clue what being a pure blood means and this is the main reason why it's important that Serah stay safe, so I would have thought that, at least, would have been explained.

There is a huge ensemble of characters, including a really annoying Scottish cat/imp who was impossible to understand with the way that his brogue was written. Unfortunately, it seems like ALL of the characters were only there to point out how much Matthias and Serah love each other. This is something that at any given time, both Serah and Matthias were agreeing with or denying, depending on which page of the book you were on....over and over again.

I wasn't a huge fan of book #1 in this series, but it had it's moments of fun and humor, and I really thought that my issue was the mood I was in when I read it. Now, I am thinking that this is an author that simply doesn't suit my reading tastes.