Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bring Me Home For Christmas by Robyn Carr


Title: Bring Me Home for Christmas
Author: Robyn Carr
My Rating:
 A+ 

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Virgin River #14
Main Characters: Becca & Denny
Release Date: October 2011
Publisher: Harlequin
ISBN978-0778312710
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
This year, Becca Timm knows the number one item on her Christmas wish list—getting over Denny Cutler. Three years ago, Denny broke her heart before heading off to war. It's time she got over her silly college relationship and moved on.
So she takes matters into her own hands and heads up to Virgin River, the rugged little mountain town that Denny calls home, as an uninvited guest on her brother's men-only hunting weekend. But when an accident turns her impromptu visit into an extended stay, Becca finds herself stranded in Virgin River. With Denny. In very close quarters.
As the power of Christmas envelops the little town, Becca discovers that the boy she once loved has become a strong and confident man. And the most delicious Christmas present she can imagine.

My Review:

I have been a huge Virgin River fan, but will admit that I fell badly behind on this series this year. I think that there were 3-4 of the latest VR books in my TBR pile. A couple of weeks ago, when I went through my TBR pile to pull all my Christmas books, I pulled this one even though it meant that I would be reading this series out of order. OMG, I had forgotten how much I adore this little town of Virgin River!! And quite honestly, this book is the PERFECT book to rekindle that love because the heroine slowly learns throughout the book why VR is such a perfectly magical place to live.

This book is about Becca & Denny. I have a feeling that Denny played a big part in one of the books that I missed because his backstory in the town was hinted at in this book, and whoa, it sounds like it was probably a really good one.

Becca is on the verge of getting engaged, but the closer that the moment comes, the more that she thinks about her ex-boyfriend Denny. They broke up three years ago under really AWFUL circumstances and it absolutely shattered her. But because of the circumstances around the breakup, they never truly had any closure. Becca knows that she needs that if she is ever going to be happy with this other guy. She doesn't want to look back at her life someday and find herself asking the "what if" questions.

There is a lot of hurt and anger between Becca and Denny at the beginning of this book and honestly, at the start of the book, I was rolling my eyes about their attitudes... a LOT! But as they settled into being around each other again, I came to truly love both of these characters. Becca is seriously a strong chick. She had no idea what she was going to be confronted with when she came to VR, but knew that she needed to do it. That takes guts. She is also a school teacher with a true passion for the kids and making an impact on their lives. Some of the sweetest scenes in this book are when she is working out the school issues with one of the towns little girls. Then there is Denny. He knows that he screwed up big-time when he broke up with Becca, but there were extenuating circumstances which affected his mental state. Even without watching the transition, you can see his maturity level growth in this novel. I loved him. He adores Becca and will do WHATEVER it takes to keep her in his life. That level of commitment is so attractive in a guy.

Christmas in Virgin River is always a magical time, but this book shows it in such an incredible light. A truly wonderful addition to the VR series. I love these ex-military guys and the little nurturing community that they have built. I need to move those other Virgin River novels closer to the top of my TBR...

4 comments:

Felicia Sparks said...

One of these days I will read a R.C. book :)

Julie said...

This sounds like an emotional book. But a good one. I have been meaning to try this author. It's good to know that this series is sweet. I'll start with book one then. Oh, and what is up with couples being stranded in 'close quarters' around Christmas time?! lol

Christi Snow said...

hehe, Julie! It's just the best opportunity. This really is a fabulous series. After reading this book, I was thinking that I need to get my mom going on it. I don't even know how many are in the series, but they are ALL good books. All the heroes are ex-military guys....so lots of sexy testosterone!

you would like them, Felicia! smiles...

Aurian said...

I've never read anything by this author, but it sure sounds like a contemporary author worthy of putting on my shelf :) Thanks for the review.