Sunday, November 27, 2011

How to Worship a Goddess by Stephanie Julian



Title: How to Worship a Goddess
Author: Stephanie Julian
My Rating: A+


This book releases December 6, 2011.



Genre: Paranormal Erotic Romance
Series: Forgotten Goddesses #2
Main Characters: Lucy & Brandon
Release Date: December 2011

ISBN: 978-1402251504
Publisher: Sourcebooks
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: erotic

I received a copy of this book from the publisher and NetGalley in return for an honest review.

Story Overview:
Lucy is the Etruscan goddess of the moon, hunted by a powerful demon. One misstep and he will trap and consume her in his bid to escape the underworld. Lucy has stayed one step ahead of him, but she didn't count on falling for minor league hockey player John Stevenson. John's not one of her worshippers, but he is determined to win over the gorgeous woman who watches him at every game and won't give her up without a fight—even if it means releasing the beast he holds inside.


My Review:
It's official...I am a Stephanie Julian and a Forgotten Goddesses super-fan!! I loved the first book, but OMG, this one (book #2 in the series) was so phenomenal. I sat down to read it and could not put it down until it was completely finished. I loved the addition of the hockey player aspect (I have a soft spot for heroes that play professional sports) and Brandon is definitely up there with as a hot, hard, hunky hockey player.


This book features Lucy, Goddess of the Moon. Not only do her powers come from the moon, but she also works closely with the lucani, who are actually werewolves, who worship her and aid in keeping her powered up. Lucy is a mother of two boys, runs a bar, and is a HUGE hockey fan for her towns minor league team. She has season tickets and never misses a game especially since Brandon joined the team 2 years ago. She has had a crush on him ever since, but she is okay with simply crushing on him from afar.


Brandon has noticed Lucy too. She has sat in the same seat for two years and she has most definitely caught his eye...to the point of tracking her down, even though she gave a fake address for her season tickets. When he walks into her bar, it is quickly apparent that he may just be out of his element, but I love that he doesn't let that bother him. This guy has a TON thrown at him in this book, but I love his resilience in the face of stress. The guy just lets everything roll off his back and keeps going. He has the ability to assess and act regardless of the odds, the situation, the pain, or his emotions. That skill which he has learned after 17 years playing pro hockey serves him so perfectly when dealing with the craziness of Lucy's life.


And Lucy's life is definitely getting crazy as Charon has set his sights on stealing her powers. Add that to a combustible, emotional new relationship with Brandon which has revealed a side of him that he never knew existed, and the upheaval that comes from having a mysterious young, powerful lucani who is drawn to one of her sons and Lucy has a lot going on.


This book is so, so good! I loved Lucy! I LOVED Brandon. I loved the hockey element. I loved Lucy's sons. The only thing that I didn't love about this book was that it didn't continue. I want to know more...how is Brandon dealing? How is Lucy dealing? What about Ty (Lucy's son) and Cat (19 yo girl)?? I need to know more about all of them and what happened after the climax. I really, really hope that Stephanie adds more to their story sometime later in the series. Regardless, this was an amazing book and I am so glad that I got to read it. I read this as an ARC, but I can guarantee you that I will be adding a copy of the physical book to my keeper shelf when it becomes available in print!

No comments: