Thursday, November 17, 2011

Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh


Title:  Angel's Blood
Author: Nalini Singh
My Rating: A+


Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Guild Hunter #1
Main Characters: Elena & Raphael
Release Date: March 2009
ISBN978-0425226926
Publisher: Berkley
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
Nalini Singh introduces readers to a world of beauty and bloodlust, where angels hold sway over vampires.
Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux is hired by the dangerously beautiful Archangel Raphael. But this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to track. It's an archangel gone bad.
The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other—and pull her to the razor's edge of passion. Even if the hunt doesn't destroy her, succumbing to Raphael's seductive touch just may. For when archangels play, mortals break.


My Review:
Whoa! This book was so good. This is our November read for the Chick-lits online book club, and I am so glad, because now I know what I am reading for the next few days (whether I have the time or not...hehe!) The premise and world in this series is so different and creative. This is a world where archangels rule the segments of the earth. There are 10 archangels who do this. Angels are the ones who create vampires. There are only about 1000 people chosen to be turned into vampires every year and, as such, there were many people clamoring to be turned vampire and immortal, despite the 100 years service that they then owe the angel after their transformation. Within this world, there are vampires that go bad, just like in a small segment of the human population, and become killers or jump their servitude. Those vampires are why the Hunter Guild was created. The Hunter's Guild are basically bounty hunters for vampires and the very best in their midst is Elena who was born with the natural talent as a hunter.


The book starts with Elena being summoned to the Tower for a visit with the archangel Raphael, whose cruelty when tested is renowned. Unfortunately, Elena is not known for backing down, especially when pushed, which this powerful archangel does with maddening regularity. Being called on by an archangel is extremely rare and the cause for the call is even more rare, as he needs her help to hunt for another archangel who has gone bad.


There is a ton of stress and high-drama in this book...between Elena & Raphael; between Elena & Dmitri (Raphael's head of security); between Elena & her family (who disowned her 18 years ago because of her job.) There is the stress of hunting an extremely powerful and insane archangel. There is the stress of fighting a growing attraction to Raphael. There is so much going on with twists and turns on every page. This absolutely was one book that was simply too good to put down!


I wasn't so sure about the romance in this book at first, although I readily admit that the story was good enough without the romance at first, that I didn't even miss it. But there is so much chemistry between Raphael and Elena and as they get closer and get to know each other better, WOW!!! This is a book that the romance of the story, especially during the climax had me gasping out loud. 


This book was so good! I am a girl that prefers to read a real book if I can even though I do a lot of my reading on my Kindle. When I finished this one, I immediately got online to order books #2 and #3 for my Kindle because I HAD TO HAVE THEM IMMEDIATELY! That should tell you just a tiny bit about how good this series is. Hehe! Now I am off to start reading book #2!

1 comment:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

This is on my list to read---after meeting her earlier this year and reading the first book in her other series, I just know I will love it!