Thursday, October 6, 2011

Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead


Title: Succubus Revealed
Author: Richelle Mead
My Rating: A

Genre: Urban Fantasy
Series: Georgina Kincaid #6
Main Characters: Georgina & Seth


Release Date: September 2011
ISBN: 978-
0758232014

Publisher: Kensington
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:

In Georgina Kincaid, succubus and she-demon, #1 New York Times bestselling author Richelle Mead has created one of her most enticing characters. But with a shot at love, and maybe even redemption, is the ultimate seductress finally going soft? Like hell she is. . .
Georgina Kincaid has had an eternity to figure out the opposite sex, but sometimes they still surprise her. Take Seth Mortensen. The man has risked his soul to become Georgina's boyfriend. Still, with Lucifer for a boss, Georgina can't just hang up her killer heels and settle down to domestic bliss. In fact, she's being forced to transfer operations. . .to Las Vegas.
The City of Sin is a dream gig for a succubus, but Georgina's allies are suspicious. Why are the powers-that-be so eager to get her away from Seattle—and from Seth? Georgina is one of Hell's most valuable assets, but if there's any way out of the succubus business she plans to take it—no matter how much roadkill she leaves behind. She just hopes the casualties won't include the one man she's risking everything for. . .


My Review:
The end of the series came almost exactly the way that I expected...I doubt that the resolution of Seth & Georgina's story line was a surprise to many after the ending in Book #5. What was a huge surprise was, even though I knew that it was coming and even guessed how it was going to occur, I still literally sobbed throughout a lot of this book. I don't know if that if it was because I read the entire series in less than four days or if the writing was just so phenomenal (I would guess that it was a combination of the two,) but this series moved me to such an extreme...not many books touch me at such an elemental level.  I am attached to these characters. I am not sure how to leave them behind (which is one of the best things about writing book reviews, because I can have a bit of lingering over their story.) And if any story deserves some lingering, this love story between Seth & Georgina does.


Soul Mates...I love the idea of it and the story of Georgina & Seth definitely shows what happens when you have two soul mates that have been separated. Even in this final book, there is NOT smooth sailing for these two, but the way that the story developed was so perfect for everything that they have been through. I absolutely loved the way that it was completed and resolved. There is an INCREDIBLE scene between Georgina & Carter (the angel) at the end of this book which sums it all up so beautifully. I loved his character throughout the book. He ALWAYS believed in their love even when Georgina didn't and was always there to give her a supportive shoulder to lean on.


And speaking of supportive, I have to touch on the other character in this story that I fell in love with throughout the series, Roman. His self-sacrifice in this book for Georgina literally left me bawling. He is the one question mark that really wasn't addressed at the end, although there is hope with a single sentence from Carter about him. I really hope that there is a spin-off series with Roman or Carter....or even better, with both of them in the future. I am just not ready to leave their characters behind.


It's interesting, one of the first scenes and ones of the last scenes in the series are Georgina & Seth at a book signing by Seth. Before Georgina knows who Seth is, she is discussing the inane questions that are asked at signings by readers and then this same subject comes up at the end. There are 6 books and one novella in this series and the details that come across simply as background story in ALL the novels come into play in the climax of the final novel. If I could ask one question of Richelle Mead, I would want to know how much of those details were planned and plotted before the series began getting published? Did she realize that it was all going to come back to be important at the end? I have said it all along throughout this series, the writing is simply amazing, but I believe it even more so after reading the conclusion. Such a powerful story and book...in every way. The story. The romance. The characters. The moral. If you can't tell, I am overwhelmed. Just a phenomenal series.

2 comments:

Paperback Daydreamer (Deanna) said...

Wow, this is actually a pretty short series compared to so many others! I can see why you spent so much time this past weekend reading like crazy to finish it! :-D I'm so happy that you enjoyed the ending of the series and the series overall. I know that I am really going to have to read this at some point in time...I just have no clue when. :-(

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I love that Richelle is really good at keeping her series a good length! I have the first two of these in audio and will read them in November :)