Saturday, October 8, 2011

Only His by Susan Mallery


Title:  Only His
Author: Susan Mallery
My Rating: B+




Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Fools Gold #6
Main Characters: Nevada & Tucker
Release Date: October 2011
ISBN978-0373776016
Publisher: Harlequin
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
Wedding bells are ringing in Fool's Gold, but not for Nevada Hendrix. Her triplet sisters are engaged, and even her mother has a more active love life than she does. Determined to make a fresh start, she applies for her dream job, only to discover that her new boss is her first love. Maybe she could overlook the fact that they've seen each other naked, but she'll never forget the way he broke her heart.
Tucker Janack agrees to Nevada's "business only" ground rules. After all, love is a trap that the construction millionaire has avoided his whole life. But when great business partners turn out to be so much more, every rule gets broken. Will either of them be willing to try again…or will their past get in the way?

My Review:
Susan Mallery consistently writes contemporary romances that I just love to read for an afternoon's escape. Her books are sweet, fun, romantic, witty, and always feature a wonderfully quirky cast of characters. The Fool's Gold series continues to delight my reader's mind. I just really love this series. There is something about continually getting to visit this sweet little town and the wonderful characters that live there, that just makes me happy. 


This book is about Nevada, the last of the Hendrix triplets to find love. Her hero is Tucker, although it takes her a while to realize it. Tucker was one of Ethan's (Nevada's brother) friends and when she goes to college where Tucker lives, Ethan tells her to look Tucker up. That results in a friendship between Nevada, Tucker, and Tucker's girlfriend Cat. Tucker doesn't realize that Nevada actually has feelings for him, but Cat does, and in a twisted scheme, Cat "gifts" Nevada with Tucker. This results in the most horribly disappointing five minutes of Nevada's life. She hasn't seen him since until she walks into a job interview for her dream job ten years later. Needless to say, they have some issues that they need to work out.


Such a fun book. I love that the history between Nevada and Tucker is so embarrassingly horrifying for both of them. It makes it a really fun set-up for the book. But beyond that and before the romance truly starts to develop, I like that Tucker & Nevada develop a true friendship and comradery both at work and outside of it. They both have their faults and have both made mistakes in their history, but these are definitely two people that you can like and cheer for as a reader.


There are also some fabulous side stories in this one...the romance between Will & Jo, Nevada's mom & Max (OMG, I don't know if I have ever laughed as hard as I did when Nevada walked in on them), and even the addition of Cat and her mixed up sexuality. It was such a fun book to read. I had quite a few laugh out loud moments and I read this on a day where I was really sick and miserable, so that is saying something. 


This has been such a fun series. I have loved getting to know the triplets this summer. I am so glad that we get three more installments of it next summer. Whooohooo!!!

1 comment:

paperbackdaydreamer.com said...

Great review Christi! I really need to check out this series. I've never read anything by Susan Mallery but based on your reviews they sound like such sweet, fast reads. :-) Placing book one on my TBR list. :-D