Sunday, October 9, 2011

For Love of An Angel by Rosalie Lario


Title:  For Love of An Angel
Author: Rosalie Lario
My Rating: A



Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: Fallen Warriors #1
Main Characters: Michael & Eva
Release Date: March 2011
ISBN: e-book
Publisher: -
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
In a world where angels rule over humans, twelve outcasts dare to defy expectation, warring with their angel brethren to prevent the extinction of humankind.

They are The Fallen... 

Michael is one of twelve angels who have been outcast due to their determination to protect humans. In order to preserve his immortality and strength, he must find a mate with angel blood. Eva Smyth has never believed the propaganda spouted by the Consortium—the elite system of guards put into place once angels took over reign of Earth—but she never expected to learn the angels plan to eradicate all of humankind, or that she herself is part angel. Joining Michael means living a life on the run, at war against the angels and hunted by the Consortium. Eva must decide whether to risk it all...for love of an angel.

For Love of an Angel is a 35,000 word novella.

My Review:
I really like the world that Rosalie Lario has established in this first novel. In this novella, the world has changed. Suddenly the "veil" that separated angels and humans has dropped. No one really knows why the veil dropped, but the angels are now in charge. They have taken away the world as we know it...housing and jobs are assigned; there is no such thing as money any longer; there are curfews; humans are basically being used as slave labor. What humans don't realize is that their time on earth is a limited thing if the angels get their way. There are a group of twelve angels called the "Fallen" who have taken it upon themselves to try to save humankind, but that means that they are being hunted. For angels to maintain their strength though, they need to mate with others who carry human blood. Within the twelve warriors that make up the Fallen, there are only two female angels so the Fallen are in search of nephilim, human/angel half-breeds, to mate with so that they can maintain their species.

This book is about Eva & Michael. Eva is a barista who is feeling dissatisfied with her life. She has an annoying neighbor whom she used to date. She feels like there should be more to her life, but isn't what sure what that would be. Then one night, she leaves her window open and in comes Michael who was "drawn by her essence." Unbeknownst to Eva, her father was an angel so she is a nephilim.

This first book had a lot of really fabulous elements to it that make me really excited for this new series. I really loved this romance between Michael & Eva. There is definitely a chemical reaction between the two of them, but I love that their feelings are allowed to develop before they really react to that. I loved the Fallen and their reactions to Eva...they all feel the draw of her nephilim blood before she is mated to Michael. Their home in the cave was amazing. It makes an amazingly gorgeous backdrop for this series. The visuals that I had in my head for it were just beautiful. I love how Rosalie described it! The short introductions to the Fallen that we got in this first story have made me really excited to see where the series goes from here. I am assuming that all twelve of  the Fallen will get their stories and I cannot wait!! 

1 comment:

paperbackdaydreamer.com said...

O.M.G...ok I'm placing this on my TBR list now and I'm going to go purchase it and slide this in to read on a weekend SOON! This series sounds fabulous...similar to Lords of the Underworld with each character possibly having their own book only with Fallen Angels. Tehehehe, I love it. BTW, I love the cover...it's kinda sexy. :-D Fabulous review, I'm glad you enjoyed the novella and I can't wait to see what I think.