Monday, October 31, 2011

Bout Of Books Wrap-Up & Winners!


This is my Bout-of-Books Wrap-up Post, but first I have to announce a couple of winners from the Bout of Books Babble Challenge!

First, the random winner of the $20 gift certificate is:
Blogger Chi Kittie said...

Mine is from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.

Mara Dyer Lived.
Noah loves Mara Dyer.
Mara Can Cause Death.

- Beckie
ChiKittie(at)gmail(dot)com

 The second winner of the $10 gift certificate is:

Christy (Love of Books) said...

Mine is for Dark Inside

The dark consumes you
What a freaking crazy ride
Rather fight zombies

cmdalton [at] sbcglobal [dot] net

Girls, I have sent you emails! Congratulations!!!

And now for my round-up for my BoB goals:
As a reminder, my goals for the week:
Reading- I have 12 books on my TBR list for this week, but several of them (I am pretty sure) are novellas so that isn't quite as ambitious as it sounds. Here is the list, in no particular order:
1. Fitzwilliam Darcy Rock Star by Heather Lynn Rigaud - A- rating

2. Sweet as Sin by Inez Kelley - A- rating

3. Shades of Gray by Brooke McKinley - A++ rating

4. Hearts In Darkness by Laura Kaye - A+ rating

5. Caleb by Sarah McCarty - C rating

6. Love and Lattes by Heather Thurmeier - D rating

7. Black Ties and Lullabies by Jane Graves - B+ rating

8. Heartstrings and Diamond Rings by Jane Graves - A rating

9. Lovers Cross by J.M. Snyder- A+ rating

10. Play Fling by Amber Scott

11. As You Wish by Gabi Stevens  B rating

12. Year of Living Shamelessly by Susanna Carr - C+ rating

I finished 11 out of my 12 books. For the 12th book, I made it 39% of the way through and I think that I would have had it done except I got the flu on Saturday and spent a lot of Saturday and Sunday sleeping.

Other Goals:

*write reviews as I read- DONE! I accomplished this and all of them are posted except for Caleb and one other where I really didn't like the book. That review is coming as a joint review between Deanna (Paperback Daydreamer) and me.

*participate in most challenges- bigtime FAIL!

*update daily- FAIL...I only updated once all week.

*haiku about each book read- DONE!

5 comments:

Amanda @ On a Book Bender said...

Sorry to hear you were sick, but I think you still did really well with reading. Thanks for co-hosting! :)

Christy (Love of Books) said...

Yay, thanks!

jen7waters said...

Congratulations winners! ;)

paperbackdaydreamer.com said...

Christi, you rock! 11 of the 12 books and so close on the last one. Sorry to hear you got the flu, I hope you're feeling better now! I did update daily and participate in almost all the challenge (I missed one of them) but I didn't get a lot of reading done. :-( Next time I'm going to do the one post I update throughout the week and still try to participate in most of the challenges...but hopefully I'll be able to read more. :-)

engagement rings said...

Love the blog, great to get recommendations. So glad out tastes are similar.