Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bout of Books Babble Challenge...


Welcome to today's challenge and update post!!

This is the Bout-of-Books Babble Challenge.
This challenge is simple and is supposed to be fun, so don't stress about it. 

Simply put, create a haiku for a book that you are reading now 
or have read during this Bout-of-Books readathon week

*Then write the haiku in the comment area of this post. 
*You have to comment here with your haiku to qualify for the challenge.
*Max of 2 entries per person, but they must be for different books.
*All entries must be made by midnight (CST) to qualify. 
*You must be a registered BoB participant to be eligible to win.

There are 2 prizes today:
1. $10 gift certificate to Book Depository for most creative haiku.
2. $20 gift certificate to Amazon for a random participant.


Don't know how to do a haiku? 
They are very simple...
Haiku rules:
There are no rhyming words in haiku, and each 3-line verse has only 17 syllables or less! The three lines are often arranged so that the first line has five (5) syllables, the second line has seven (7) syllables, and the third line has five (5) syllables. 


(hint: all of my reviews this week for the Bout-of-Books have included a haiku. 
You can check them out for examples.)


Now, if you don't want to play in the challenge, but do want to link up your bout-of-books progress, use the linky chart below to link up your blog to your update post.
The linky below is to link up your blog posts about how you are progressing on your Bout-of-Books goals. 
This list is NOT for entering your haiku in the challenge!!


13 comments:

Psique said...

A search for pleasure.
One hidden secret.
Sweet ending.

My first time doing a haiku, and I really don't know how syllables are arrenged in english, but I decided to give a try.
This one is supossed to be about Maya Banks, Sweet Pleasure

Jen D. @ Not Now...I'm Reading! said...

I love me some haikus. Here's what I came up with.

Anna is no joke.
She is vicious but, is kind?
Oh I see! Cool twist.

Not sure that makes any sense but, it's the best I could do without my morning coffee. *sigh* This is for Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake.

Carla said...

Well, this is a great challenge, my only concern is, given that english is not my first language I'm not sure I'm counting the syllables right, but I'll try anyway! Here's my entry:

Obedient Ella,
Searching for Lucinda
Troubles and Char finds.

(not very good :s)
This is for Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.

jen7waters at gmail dot com

BlackWolf said...

same as Carla, my english isn't good.. but here's my entry:
School of monsters,
Secret past, this is..
sophie's life

Hex Hall By Rachel Hawkins
darksiry(at)gmail(dot)com

christina-reads said...

What a great challenge! Here's my entry for the book I'm currently reading, Machine of Death: A Collection of Stories About People Who Know How They Will Die.

The machine of death,
Supposed to be for our good,
Will always laugh last.

christina(dot)behe(at)gmail(dot)com

christina-reads said...

Had to do a second entry! This one is for Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Dear Mina, The Count
Is super creepy. I think
He wants to eat me.

christina(dot)behe(at)gmail(dot)com

paperbackdaydreamer.com said...

A haiku about Caleb by Sarah McCarty

She is hard-headed.
He is mysterious.
Can they be happy?

paperbackdaydreamer.com said...

A haiku about The Fear by Mark Edward Hall

A twisted story.
That will keep you on the edge.
A chilling outcome.

Thanks so much for the awesome bout of books challenge! This was another fun installment on this Bout of Books. :-D

paperbackdaydreamer (at) gmail (dot) com

Actin' Up with Books said...

This is a fun challenge! Thanks for hosting, here is my haiku for Libba Bray's Beauty Queens

Miss Teen Dream beauties
Crash landed on an island
Who will win the crown

actinupwb (at) gmail (dot) com

Jacinda (The Reading Housewives) said...

Here is my haiku for How to Ruin a Summer Vacation by Simone Elkeles.

I did my best! I'm horrible at poetry and I had to use a syllable counter to help me out! haha!

Vacation ruined
Off to Israel with my fadder
Nothing could be worse


jacindahinten(at)gmail(dot)com

Christy (Love of Books) said...

Mine is for Dark Inside

The dark consumes you
What a freaking crazy ride
Rather fight zombies

cmdalton [at] sbcglobal [dot] net

Chi Kittie said...

Mine is from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.

Mara Dyer Lived.
Noah loves Mara Dyer.
Mara Can Cause Death.

- Beckie
ChiKittie(at)gmail(dot)com

Michelle @ The True Book Addict said...

Two evil women here
both love a boy as a son
one will forsake him

The Darkness by Crystal Connor

truebookaddictATgmailDOTcom