Tuesday, October 25, 2011

BoB Read #5: Lover's Cross by J.M. Snyder

Title:   Lover's Cross
AuthorJ.M. Snyder
My Rating: A+

Genre: contemporary romance
Series: -
Main Characters: Jory & Peter

Release Date: September 2011
ISBN
e-book

Publisher: JMS Books LLC
Links to Purchase:
Sexual Intensity: g-rated


Story Overview:
After a bad car accident, Jory's lover Peter assures him he's doing fine. But when Jory attends a get-well party at the house of a coworker, he's surprised when no one asks him how Peter is doing. More disconcerting, Peter's gold cross necklace is missing, and Jory suffers from headaches whenever his best friend Bruce brings up the accident.

Where is the cross? And why does Bruce keep asking Jory to remember what happened to his lover?

My Review: 
OMG, I have NEVER in my life sobbed so much and cried so much while reading as I have just spent the last 45 minutes while reading this piece. This is a VERY SHORT novella, but while it is short, it is in NO WAY LACKING in emotional impact. OMG!

You know going into this that something bad has happened to Peter, not that anything is ever really said to lead you to this conclusion....it's just a feeling that you get from everything that is being said. Jory is in huge denial and it is heartbreaking. The emotion that the author managed to convey through this very short piece is amazing. Really amazing piece of writing!!

It's short, but I challenge you to not shed a tear in this novella. From the review I had read, I knew that this was going to be the case, but was still stunned at how incredibly moving this really was.  There are always moments when you just need an emotional cleansing that a good cry can provide....this is the perfect read for that moment. I highly recommend this novella for when you are wanting a HUGE EMOTIONAL READ!

BoB Haiku:
Peter, where is he?
Jory's not dealing with loss.
Emotional Trauma.

1 comment:

paperbackdaydreamer.com said...

I enjoy a good emotional read every now and then...I'm adding it, right now!