Thursday, September 15, 2011

TBR Thursday...the Book Club edition!

Did you know that I was part of an online book club? You can join too! We are over at the Chick-Lits blog. I made an executive decision and decided that book club purchases would NOT count against my book buyers anonymous numbers. Since I hadn't bought Sept. book yet, Scent of Darkness by Christina Dodd, and am hostessing in October without any idea of what to choose, I decided a trip to the bookstore was on order.

I may have gotten a little carried away with trying to make a decision for October. ;o)

BTW, I was thinking that paranormal was a must for October's read since that's the month with Halloween so that's why most of these are paranormal (the erotic, I just threw in there because I want to read it! hehe)


So my reading for this week:
*Scent of Darkness by Christina Dodd 
(our September Chick-Lits read...discussions should start in the next couple of days)

*One Magic Moment by Lynn Kurland
(this one has actually been in my TBR for a while and it called to me this week)

*Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead 
(99% sure this will be our October read)

*The Mane Event by Shelly Laurenston 
(was second choice for October)

*When Blood Calls by J.K. Beck 
(was also in the running)

*My Way to Hell by Dakota Cassidy 
(sounded fun, as ALL of Dakota Cassidy's books are, and I got it for $5)

*Hot In Here by Sophie Renwick
(a little erotic read that I have had in my TBR closet)

I have also been reading several e-books as well as I have two reviews for new releases for next week, so it should be a week FULL of good reviews.

So what are you reading this week???

4 comments:

Paperback Daydreamer (Deanna) said...

Wow, that's fantastic Christi. What a good idea to have Octobers read be a Paranormal in celebration of Halloween. :-D

This weeks TBR list is:
The Darkest Angel
The Darkest Passion
The Darkest Lie

Lords of the Underworld Month Continues at my blog. :-D

Amanda @ On a Book Bender said...

Succubus Blues is on my TBR list, too. Not necessarily for this week, though. I've been having difficulty reading books lately... if I can't finish it during the day, I haven't felt compelled to pick it up the next day. :(

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I love Richelle Mead! You can't go wrong there though I haven't read her succubus series. I did read her Faye series and VA.

My mom adored the JK Beck series---like devoured it in 3 days LOL

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

PS I don't count bookclub purchases either---especially since I host and it would be rude for me not to read the choices LOL