Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Flirting with Disaster by Sherryl Woods


Title:  Flirting With Disaster
AuthorSherryl Woods
My Rating: C



Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Charleston Trilogy #2
Main Characters: Maggie & Josh
Release Date: July 2011 (re-issue)
ISBN:
978-0778312888
Publisher: Mira
Links to Purchase:
Amazon- $7.99
Sexual Intensity: mild

Story Overview:
There's a fine line between desire and disaster. At least, that's what improper Southern belle Maggie Forsythe thinks when unceremoniously dumped by a fiance even her mother approved of. Maggie has never cared what anyone thinks, so why is she hiding away from her South Carolina Lowcountry home?
Then an intervention by friends shows her she has options. Lots of them! And one includes a man who can make her forget all about being jilted.

But one look at Maggie convinces project foreman Josh Parker that he's corn bread to her caviar. Sure, they have enough sparks to ignite a bonfire, but growing up broke has made him wary of sweet–tea–swilling debutantes. So why is he suddenly singing "Tea for Two"?

My Review:
Overall, I enjoyed reading this book. It is a sweet little contemporary romance, but it just moved too slow for me. It took me 4 days to read this book and you all know, that is just NOT the way that I read and I can't even pinpoint why. I enjoyed the story line. I liked the characters. It just moved at a snail's pace and would not keep my attention for more than an hour or so at a time. I would guess a lot of it was an issue with the predictability of the story. There was absolutely no suspense about what might happen to keep me wanting to read. 

This was the second book in this trilogy. You can see my review of the first, The Backup PlanHERE. Unfortunately, I think that this one probably ruined the series for me and don't think that I wlll be reading the final book. There are just too many outstanding books out there to waste time on the ones that don't just do it for me.

2 comments:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I think that it might be a little to sweet for me :) I have decided I like the edgier or funnier contemporaries :)

Julie said...

4 days! Oh wow! That's like reading at my pace! I find it frustrating when a book takes me forever to read. Especially when it's not a bad book, just not one I can really get into.