Monday, August 29, 2011

Bout of Books recap & WINNER!!


The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon is over so now it is time for a re-cap:

Read-a-Thon Goals
  • Read the top Nicki Styx series  (4-DONE), Envy Chronicles series(4-DONE), & The Guardian Angelino's series (3-FAIL).
  • Read at least 10 books (DONE...9 books & 1 novella).  10 is a bare minimum; 21would be my ultimate goal.
  • Write all reviews as I read the books (DONE.)
Books to Review that I also need to read

Other Books I’d Love to Get to
  • The Iron Druid Chronicles series by Kevin Hearne (3-FAIL)
  • 3-4 novellas (1 DONE- Exotic Indulgence by Jess Dee, Vivian Arend, and Lexie Couper)
  • other books: One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost(DONE), Bad Boys Do  by Victoria Dahl(DONE)
Well, overall, I did okay with my goals for the read-a-thon. I got 10 book (9 novels and 1 novella) read for the week and it was a week where I ended up being MUCH busier than normal. So overall, I am okay with what I accomplished. My main accomplishment was staying completely on track with writing my reviews as I finished reading the books (something that I am inordinately bad at when reading series books.)

And now for the part that you all have been waiting for...
the winner of my Pick-a-Series giveaway:

 Jen D. @ Not Now...I'm Reading! said...


Love this giveaway idea. Thanks so much for hosting it.

Sign me up for the Kevin Hearne Iron Druid Chronicles series please. =)

Thanks!

jend(AT)notnowimreading(DOT)com
Congratulations, Jen D!! Email me (snowchris_01@yahoo.com) with your mailing info and I will get these books right out to you!!

Thank you so much to Amanda at On a Bookbender blog for hostessing this awesome read-a-thon. It was the perfect push during a week where normally, I wouldn't have gotten that much done.

7 comments:

Jen D. @ Not Now...I'm Reading! said...

Holy crap I almost fell out of my chair! A million thanks for making my Monday and for hosting this giveaway! E-mail is headed your way. =)

Rain Maiden said...

Way to go Jen!

Amanda @ On a Book Bender said...

Congrats, Jen! :)

And Christi, glad you got some reading done! (even if wasn't as much as you might have wanted) :)

Jen D. @ Not Now...I'm Reading! said...

Thanks ladies!

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

You did really well :)

I am still really jealous that you got done with Nicki Styx!

Julie said...

Your "FAIL" made me giggle. *g* Yay Jen and Yay to the Iron Druid books. Now Christi only has to read them. lol

Tyraa said...

Woop. Congrats Jen.

WOWOW. You flew through books this week! You did really well! :)