Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

I mentioned the read-a-thon, Bout of Books, that I am participating in next week on my TBR Thursday post. This morning, I thought that I would officially list my goals with my book reading for the next week.


I have a whole bunch of little series' that have been piling up in my TBR closet, so I thought that this would be a good week to tackle them. Because my reading week starts on Thursday, this first series will already be read by the time that the read-a-thon starts on Monday (I should finish it tomorrow,) but this was part of my original goals so I am keeping it in this post.

What I plan to read:

1. Nicki Styx series by Terri Garey

 2. The Guardian Angelino's series by Roxanne St. Claire

 3. The Envy Chronicles series by Joss Ware


And from here, I am going to copy Amanda's formatting...


Read-a-Thon Goals
  • Read the top three series above.
  • Read at least 10 books.  10 is a bare minimum; 21would be my ultimate goal.
  • Write all reviews as I read the books.
Books to Review that I also need to read
Other Books I’d Love to Get to
  • The Iron Druid Chronicles series by Kevin Hearne
  • 3-4 novellas
How Much Time I Intend to Read
This is a normal week for me except for the fact that I actually have a magazine job to do, which will take away a little of my reading time. Normally, I read 1-2 books a day so I will be happy to maintain that. The challenge will be to stay on top of my written reviews.
Updates
8/22
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
8/23
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
8/24
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
8/25
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
8/26
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
8/27
Number of books I’ve read today:
Total number of books I’ve read:
8/28 — will go into a “wrap-up” post on 8/29 or 8/30

8 comments:

Amanda @ On a Book Bender said...

Ha. And I figure I'll be lucky if I read 10 books. Good luck! :)

Pepca said...

Wow, those are huge goals (for me)! Good luck:)

Bekka said...

Whoa! That's super ambitious. Good luck!!

Actin' Up with Books said...

That is a crazy amount of books! Oh, my goodness, all I can say is good luck

Paper Cut Reviewer said...

Nice 10 books! BTW I love the books you chose=) I have Hounded by Kevin Hearne on my read-a-thon book list so I hope you enjoy that series. Good Luck and Enjoy!

Jen D. @ Not Now...I'm Reading! said...

10 book minimum?! I so wish I could get that much reading down during the week. I'd wish you luck but, I know you're going to kick some serious butt. Happy reading!

Julie said...

Jen and "10 books minimun?!" I can totally picture her face when she read that! LMAO! I hope you get to Kevin Hearne and I hope you love them like I did. And I'm dying to know what you think of Lord of the Vampires and Good Girls Don't since I just finished them and am super curious. As for the others, can't wait to read your reviews! And good luck writing all of them. Really, good luck. :)

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

Good luck! I don't know that I will meet my goals---I have to work more than originally planned :)