Sunday, July 17, 2011

Can't Hurry Love by Christie Ridgway


Title:   Can't Hurry Love
Author: Christie Ridgway
My Rating: A+

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Three Kisses #3
Main Characters: Liam & Giulliana (Jules)
Release Date: July 2011
ISBN
978-0425242100
Publisher: Berkley
Links to Purchase:
Amazon- $7.99
Borders- $4.79
Sexual Intensity: spicy

Story Overview:
Liam Bennett staked his claim to Tanti Baci after stepping in to help the Baci sisters save their family legacy. But Giuliana Baci doubts his motives. They've been at odds since the hot summer long ago that ended in heartache. With the fate of the winery on the line, the former lovers need to get a handle on their barely leashed hostilities-and the attraction that still draws them toward each other.

My Review:
E.MO.TION.AL. That was the word for this book. Throughout this entire book, my heart just ached for Liam & Giuliana. Two lovers that have obviously never gotten over their love for each other, I can't tell  you how many times throughout this book that I teared up. It was so good!

There is a HUGE history between Liam & Giuliana. So far, they have managed to avoid each other for the past year that she's been back, but with the 50th anniversary of the Tanti Baci fabled wine, circumstances are such where they cannot avoid each other any longer... neither their history nor their current-day situation.

There are so many story plots and details wrapped into this story. It made for an amazing read. First, there is the sizzling romance story line between Jules & Liam. It literally kept me gasping for more. But there was so much "more" to this story. Liam & Penn...half-brothers that look like twins and act like two halves of a whole. They act completely opposite of each other, but there were so many heart-rending moments between these two in this book. The growth of their relationship in this book was incredibly heart-warming and moving. Then there was the romance between Grace & Kohl. These are two wounded people that Jules has taken into her inner-circle, but they are awesome together. I loved their romantic story line. Individually, they are wounded, scarred people, but together they are magical. 

The suspense story line was easily defined, but for me the high-drama of this book came from Liam & Jules. They are both so stubborn and wounded by what happened 10 years ago. I had no idea which of them was going to break first and my heart was dying each step of the way. It was so good! I just loved this story! A great finish to this fabulous trilogy!

The trilogy:
1. Crush on You  A- rating
2. Then He Kissed Me B+ rating
3. Can't Hurry Love (this book) A+ rating 

4 comments:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

This sounds like it was a wonderful trilogy! I will have to put it on my "when I need an emotionally gripping romance" TBR (yes I sort my TBR LOL

Paperback Daydreamer (Deanna) said...

Oh this sounds great. I placed Crush on You on my TBR list so that I can start this trilogy sometime...of course not any time soon but hopefully sooner than later! :-D Great review and I'm so glad you loved it so much.

Julie said...

Oh no! Not another emotional read?! (kidding) You are making me want another book. Bad Christi.

Christi Snow said...

Hehe...it's only fair, Julie. You have been the impetus for more than a few of my bookstore trips lately. Smiles...