Monday, June 20, 2011

Learning Curves by Elyse Mady


Title:  Learning Curves
Author: Elyse Mady
My Rating: A

Genre: Erotic Romance
Series: -
Main Characters: Leanne & Brandon
Release Date: June 2011
ISBNe-book
Publisher: Carina Press
Links to Purchase:
Amazon- $3.99
Borders- -
Sexual Intensity: erotic

I received my copy of this book from netGalley in return for an honest review.

Story Overview:
Leanne Galloway has no time for dating; her focus is on launching her academic career. Dragged along to her childhood frenemy Gillian's bachelorette party at a male strip club, she just wants to get through the evening—but she can't help interfering when Gillian sends a note to a sexy dancer proposing a hot hookup.

Brandon Myles is working backstage at the Foxe's Den to fund his post-graduate studies in dance, but he's forced onstage when the headliner fails to show up. He feels a surprisingly strong connection with a quiet woman watching from a table full of tipsy bridesmaids, and he's delighted when she appears backstage after his set.

After a scorching spontaneous encounter, Leanne and Brandon agree to go their separate ways. But they're both grad students on a small campus, and avoiding each other and denying their attraction won't work for long, especially when a jealous rival appears, determined to ruin both their academic careers.

My Review:
Do you know how there are some books that are so well-written for your psyche that you don't even consider the fact that you are reading? You are completely transported into the world within the pages. For me, this was one of those books. Something about the way that this book was written connected for me and took me completely into the text and story. I loved it.

Neither Brandon nor Leanne were looking for love. Heck, neither one of them was even looking for a one-night stand either. After an explosive encounter that took them both by surprise at the strip club that Brandon works at, they assumed they'd never see each other again. They were both surprised when two days later, at a University function, they see each other again and it turns out that their spontaneous encounter may not have been just a spur-of-the-moment chemistry reaction. Unfortunately, their academic paths are taking them in opposite directions regardless of how their hearts and bodies continue to pull them together.

I adored this book and was so sad when it ended. This is one of those stories where I would have been thrilled if the book had been 250,000 words. Brandon and Leanne were just wonderful together. Their chemistry is so gorgeous and spontaneous. They connect just perfectly in every way possible. 

Brandon is gorgeous...he's an exotic dancer and choreographer and has the body to show for it. But he's truly a nice guy with an innate grace that comes from what he does. Everywhere he goes, he is just one of those guys completely comfortable in his own skin, whether it's with Leanne's friends or her dad. He just "fits" and connects with Leanne on an emotional level that he never has with ANYone before her.

Leanne has had a lifetime of pressure and criticism from the females in her family. They have done a number on her self-esteem, but Brandon has the exact opposite effect on her. She is self-confident, sexy, and totally in control of her life when he is around. He is good for her in every way. She totally gets him and where he is at in his life.

Besides the gorgeous romance between these two, I think that another reason I connected with this story so well was because it takes place on a university campus... one of my most favorite locations. I love the feel and vibe that comes from a campus and that played into this book also. From a Wednesday dance showcase to a bunch of grad students hanging out in an apartment...there is simply a good ambience (for me) to a university campus setting.

Did I mention that I loved this book? I really, really did. Beautiful, emotional, sexy...for me, it had it all!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Wow. Christi...wow. You make this book sound like a must-buy. I'm gonna write this one down!

Christi Snow said...

Julie, it really was so fun. I LOVED IT!! Will re-read it again soon simply because I enjoyed it so much!

Paperback Daydreamer (Deanna) said...

Ok, this is a must read for me. I love books that transport you into the book itself that you don't feel like you're reading. That's how I feel about the Lords of the Underworld books right now. :-) Must check this book out soon! Yet another fabulous review Christi, thanks for the suggestion!!! :-D

Brianna (The Book Vixen) said...

I'm totally getting this one based on your recommendation! I am so addicted to Magic Mike right now, I think this book would be a great fix.