Saturday, June 4, 2011

Fighting Evil by Mary Abshire


Title:  Fighting Evil
Author: Mary Abshire
My Rating: A

Genre: Paranormal Romance
Series: The Soul Catchers Series #3
Main Characters: Jessie, Drake, & Jeremy
Release Date: March 2011
ISBN: e-book
Publisher: Noble Romance Publishing
Links to Purchase:
Barnes & Noble- -
Amazon- $5.95
Borders- -
Sexual Intensity: hot

I won this book in a contest from the author.

Story Overview:
Half-demon Jessie Garrett's battles seem endless. While Jeremy, the demon out to win her heart, teaches her how to fight, Jessie's relationship with her vampire lover, Drake, reaches a breaking point. Adding to her struggles, she must defend her life against a group of vampires who consider her a threat to their existence. Held captive on a remote island with both Drake and Jeremy protecting her, she is tested in ways she's never imagined. Jessie fights back; only her actions do more harm than good. The group offers her a choice, but no matter what she decides, her life will change forever.

My Review:
This is such a hard book for me to rate. Not because it wasn't good...NO, this book was awesome!! The problem, Jessie found HEA with the wrong guy!?!? This book features Jessie as the heroine who has 2 guys, Drake and Jeremy, both in love with her. Don't worry, I am not going to spoil it for you. I won't tell you who she ends up with. It was just not the person that I wanted her to end up with...LOL! Now, admittedly, this is book #3 in this series and I have not read the other 2 so I reserve the right to change my mind (and yes, I went and bought books #1 and #2 immediately after finishing this one) after reading the other two. It may turn out that I am completely wrong about which one is the perfect guy for her after reading all the background.

Regardless of what happened in the past two books, this one was wonderful. Jessie has been called before the vampire council because they just found out that she can send souls to hell. Drake, her vampire boyfriend, and Jeremy, her demon friend, are both going with her to try to make sure that she stays safe. To complicate matters, they both are in love with her. She is in love with Drake, but drawn to Jeremy. 

This novel was action-packed from the very beginning. Jessie is tough, although she is scared to death about what is going to happen with the vampire council. Jeremy is training her to fight better, but as a demon, everything he does for her comes with a price. This price is that she has to break up with Drake. Drake is a vampire in love with Jessie. He's doing everything in his power to keep her safe. He has been politicking the vampire council behind the scenes to rule in her favor and has agreed to Jeremy's terms for training her. Both of these guys love her and will do anything to keep her safe including working together, although they can't stand each other.

This is a hot, sensual novel with a lot of emotional impact. It was an absolutely fabulous read and I think that I can easily say that I have a new favorite author!

4 comments:

Amanda (On a Book Bender) said...

You're a better person than I am. If I didn't like the ending of the book, I would definitely lower the grade, and I would be pissed. ;)

Christi Snow said...

Normally, I would agree Amanda, but there was no denying that this book was wonderful regardless of the outcome. It was simply a good book!! smiles...

Mary Abshire said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the book, Christi. Thank you for the review. I appreciate your support!

I hope you like the others too :)

Happy reading!

Paperback Daydreamer (Deanna) said...

This sounds like another great book Christi! But after reading it I think I will start at book one. I'm interested to know how you feel about the end of this one after reading books 1 & 2 of the series.