Monday, June 6, 2011

Chantilly's Cowboy by Debra Kayn


Title:  Chantilly's Cowboy
Author: Debra Kayn
My Rating: B

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Sisters of McDougal Ranch #1
Main Characters: Chantilly McDougal & Jack Grady
Release Date: June 2011
ISBN: e-book
Publisher: Carina Press
Links to Purchase:
Amazon- $3.19
Borders- $3.19
Sexual Intensity: spicy

I received my copy of this book from netGalley for the purpose of an honest review.

Story Overview:
All Chantilly McDougal wants is to run her daddy's ranch. The only one of five sisters content to stay on the McDougal spread, Chantilly loves the land and knows the workings of the ranch better than anyone. So when Stuart McDougal hires Jack Grady as his new foreman without even consulting her, Chantilly is furious. She doesn't need the help of any cowboy, no matter what feelings the man arouses in her!

Jack Grady can understand Tilly's frustrations over working with him, but he needs the job to put his nephew through law school. Besides, he's made a promise to Stuart, and everyone knows a cowboy never goes back on his word. But when he finds himself falling for the boss's daughter, Jack is torn between being honest with Tilly, and keeping her father's secret.

My Review:
This was a wonderful contemporary western romance. It's about a family that I can already see is going to be fun to get to know over the course of this series. Chantilly is one of five McDougal sisters. She is the one who has chosen to stay home and work side by side with her father running the family ranch. That is why she feels so betrayed when he hires a new foreman, Jack Grady...seemingly to replace her. Chantilly is wrong. Jack isn't there to replace her. He is helping out her father who is in a very difficult position.

Chantilly resents Jack being there, but that doesn't change his affect on her. She is so drawn to this sexy cowboy. So when she heads to her sister's bar to drown a few sorrows, she instead ends up lowering her inhibitions and lets Jack know that she's attracted to him. From there, this love story seriously spices up. There is love and romance all over this ranch...from the bed of a truck, to the barn, to the creek bed...it's all good! ;o)

The things that I really liked about this book....
*both Chantilly and Jack are wonderful characters. I really liked them esp. when they were working together.
*I liked that Chantilly has a REALLY low alcohol tolerance and that her sisters totally take advantage of that...too funny!
*the five sisters...a wonderful dynamic that adds a powerful punch to this family-based story
*LOVE that Jack raised his nephew and the added little bits that we see of Craig as he is at the ranch over the summer 
*of course, as a Texas gal, I love me some gorgeous cowboys...and Jack definitely fit the bill
*Yum, did you see that cover up there??!?

This was a great entertaining read. Family is the basis of it and the five sisters are all totally different so it will be interesting to see how the series develops throughout the series. 

LOVE me some cowboy loving!



4 comments:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

Can I just say---that cover HAWT!

I love when family plays a dynamic in the story :) My sister totally takes advantage of the fact that I get tipsy/dipsy after a couple glasses of wine LOL

Julie said...

With all your cowboy books lately, you're making me want to read one. This one sounds cute!

Debra Kayn said...

Thanks again, Cristi! I've been trying to leave a comment, but Blogger hates me lately...which is sad, because I use Blogger for my site. lol

Felicia - Your post made me laugh. You will understand what Chantilly goes through then when her sisters gang up on her and give her a drink. lol

Julie - I agree. I've been looking at the site, and all the covers with bare chests make me want to go buy books. Its an addiction!

Paperback Daydreamer (Deanna) said...

You and your cowboy romances...they are going to be the death of me! LOL.