Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Yours to Keep by Shannon Stacey


Title:   Yours to Keep
Author: Shannon Stacey
My Rating: A

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Series: Kowalski's #3
Main Characters: Emma Shaw & Sean Kowalski
Release Date: June 2011
ISBNe book
Publisher: Carina Press
Links to Purchase:
Barnes & Noble- $3.99 (releases June 6, 2011)
Amazon- $3.99 (releases June 6, 2011)
Borders- 
Sexual Intensity: spicy



I received my copy from netGalley for the purpose of a honest review.


Story Overview:
Sean Kowalski no sooner leaves the army than he's recruited by Emma Shaw to be her fake fiancé. Emma needs to produce a husband-to-be for her grandmother's upcoming visit, and, though Sean doesn't like the deception, he could use the landscaping job Emma's offering while he decides what to do with his civilian life. And, despite his attraction to Emma, there's no chance he'll fall for a woman with deep roots in a town he's not planning to call home.

Emma's not interested in a real relationship either; not with a man whose idea of home is wherever he drops his duffel bag. No matter how amazing his "pretend" kisses are...




My Review:
OMG, I LOVED this book! I was literally laughing out loud throughout the entire book. The family newlywed game had me rolling! ...so darn funny! The premise is a little far-fetched, but if you just let go of that and ready the book, I promise that you will enjoy it!

There is so much to love about this book. The Kowalski Clan are awesome, but I absolutely adored Emma & Sean. These are 2 people in a really strange situation, but they handle it and each other beautifully. They don't even meet each other until 4 days before the charade begins. She gives him a users manual. He gives her post-it notes...in the bathroom. Sean's post-it notes simply made my heart melt. OMG, especially at the end...BAWLING! 

I loved that when Emma cleans, it's because she is stressed. I loved how much these two connected so that they knew those subtle little signs (like Emma's cleaning and ring twisting) that each other exhibits for a whole range of emotions. They get each other on such a deep level except for the one that really counts- neither one can see that the other is falling in love. 

This is one of those books that simply makes you feel good and happy. Emma & Sean are GOOD together and they are friends. They are in this situation as a team and attack all their issues that way...supportive of each other. Did I mention that I love this book?

I loved the cousin's ribbing especially about the sex bet. They all give each other such a hard time, but they are there for emotional support. Again, this is another Kowalski family story, so there are lots of family activities so that you can re-visit your favorites from the previous two books. This is such a great romance novel, but it's a fantastic book about family too.

I love the Kowalski's. I love Emma & Sean. I just love this series. When is the next installment coming out?!?! If you haven't read these books yet, GO GET THEM NOW!! (although this one isn't actually release until next week, June 6 2011...don't worry, I'll post a reminder for you.)



2 comments:

Julie said...

The family newlywed game! Funny! I really liked this one too!

Paperback Daydreamer (Deanna) said...

I already placed this one on my TBR list thanks to Julie's awesome review! I'm so happy to hear that you loved it so much. :-)