Monday, May 23, 2011

Undercover Lovers Anthology

Title:   Undercover Lovers
AuthorAnthology
My Rating: A overall

Genre: erotic romance
Series: -
Main Characters: anthology
Release Date: May 2011
ISBN: e-book
Publisher: -
Links to Purchase:
Barnes & Noble- -
Amazon- $2.99
Borders- -
Sexual Intensity: erotic

A copy of this e-book was provided to me by the author in return for an honest review.


Story Overview:




Who’s undercover?
Shane Madison – Dead sexy private eye posing as a Strippendale’s dancer
Tucker Lamb – Smooth as butter former conman posing as nerdy professor
Saffron Burton – Sensual food critic posing as just another customer
Katrina Killian – Brazenly sexual cop posing as a gang member

Four ultra-sexy stories by four great authors.

My overall thoughts:
Absolutely the BEST anthology I have ever read. Each novella was really well-written, super sexy, and completely entertaining!!! OMG, I need to go get more books by all these authors because they ROCK!!  

Conquered by Cari Quinn – 
My Rating: A-

Serial monogamist, Emma Donegan, has never had a one night stand. But when she sees the sexy cop-stripper at a friend's bachelorette party, she resolves to make her most risque fantasies come true.

Playing the part of a stripper is way out of private detective Shane Madison’s comfort zone, but the future of his business hangs on this one case. Too bad the incriminating evidence leads right to the irresistible brunette who keeps slipping tens into his g-string. He can’t let her distract him. Who knew it would be so hard…

My Review:
 A fun and quirky little tale about 2 people playing a part that is not their norm and finding true passion. Emma & Shane are two normal, totally relatable people who meet when he is undercover stripping at a male review club. She is quiet and staid, but under the influence of alcohol and natural herbs, is free to let go and is not acting the way that she normally would. They get together and the word is HOT! This was a seriously fun little story that I thoroughly enjoyed. It kept me giggling.


Conned by Chloe Cole 
My Rating: A+

Human sexuality Professor Cricket Malloy likes bad boys, but when buttoned-up Science Professor Tucker Lamb needs help with an experiment on aphrodisiacs, she goes the extra mile to help him out. After all, he’s harmless…

Tucker Lamb was born into a life of a grifter. He’s always prided himself on his fast fingers and quicksilver tongue. Ever since being placed in the witness protection program, he’s been on the up and up, but something about Cricket Malloy makes him ache to see if his tongue is as fast as it used to be.

My Review:
2 academics- a science professor (Taylor) and a human sexuality professor (Cricket)
Already, you know this is going to be a fun story. And fun doesn't even begin to cover the entertainment value of this story. I was laughing out loud the entire time that it was making me seriously HOT. The chemistry between these two sizzles from the pages- so well written! And just when I thought that this was simply a sweet little story, BAM- HUGE plot line twist! I  love, LoVeD, LOVED this novella!!!


Consumed by Dee Carney-
My Rating: A

 August Jaeger’s signature dishes have taken the Denver dining community by storm. When one Saffron Burton shows up, he’s sure he’s spotted a modern day Mata Hari sent to steal his recipes. If he manages to catch a thrill or two while teaching her a lesson, so much the better.

Food journalist Saffron Burton has a job to do: Find out what Chef Jager is serving for Restaurant Week. But with every course that passes her lips—and every minute in his presence—she’s finding what she really wants isn’t listed on any menu. 

My Review:
When this novella ended, I had a smile on my face and that's always a good sign. This was a perfectly enjoyable little read. I loved the chef vs. food critic aspect of the story line. It was  perfectly developed with 2 wonderful characters in August and Saffron. I liked their instant chemistry esp. the way that August immediately responded to Saffron. So many times in novellas, the story seems a bit incomplete. That was so NOT the case in this one. The story and characters were wonderfully developed! 


Convicted by Dee Tenorio -
My Rating: A

 Crusty sheriff Cade Evigan doesn't date convicts, not even ones as irresistible as Katrina "K.K." Killian. The woman may have gotten under his skin—and once, on the hood of his car—but the sultry biker had criminal written all over her. He has to stay away.

When the shit hits the fan and the case she’s been working on for over a year cracks wide open, Katrina heads straight to the hills to protect the one man she cares about. Some temptations are impossible to resist and she knows if she stays with Cade for the night, odds are her cover isn't the only thing getting blown...

My Review:
 Romantic suspense is the name of the game for this novella. From the very first sentence, the passion is sizzling and the suspense is pounding. Both Cade and Trina are riveting characters because they are both tough, independent, and strong, but through it all you can see that their love and devotion towards each other is just as strong. Their relationship may have started under a guise of lies, but you can see that the feelings are absolutely true. Gorgeous, gorgeous story! You all know that I am always a sucker for a good romantic suspense and this one was good!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Wow Christi! I think I may have to add this to my wish list! You enjoyed each and every novella in here - and that's rare in an anthology. And you called it your best ever?! Wow. Great reviews!

Christi Snow said...

They were all SO GOOD! Not a single one of them read like a novella because the stories were so well thought out and complete. They were ALL A.MA.ZING! I HIGHLY recommend it!!!

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

You are on an anthology kick, aren't you?

Great reviews! These actually seem like they were all good and I might have to pick it up.

Paperback Daydreamer (Deanna) said...

Officially placing on my TBR List! I have never seen an anthology get this great of a rating across the board! When I saw the cover I had my doubts then I read your little reviews and now I know I MUST read this!! Thanks so much for the awesome review. :-D