Thursday, May 19, 2011

TBR Thursday- May 19

My TBR piles for the next few weeks are going to look a little bit smaller. That's because I am going to be reading some books that aren't out yet, so I can't post the reviews until their release dates. Also, I am prepping for a week's vacation and I want to have reviews scheduled for that week, so I will reading books NOT on my TBR pile (the photographed ones anyway) so that I can have reviews done way ahead of time in prep of that.

So, here is this week's *proposed* TBR list. You all know by now that this is very subject to change...hehe!

So on to the books:
*Rock Hard and Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
These have been getting RAVE reviews from EVERYONE! They are book 1 & 2 of the Sinners on Tour series...a series about a rock band. I don't think that I ever would have noticed them otherwise, but it worked because I went out and bought them. I hope that I like them as much as everyone else has...

*Stolen Dreams by Stacey Kennedy
Another one that I bought based upon a review. This is a love story involving a ghost...it sounded intriguing.

*When You Dare by Lori Foster
This is book #1 of her Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor series. I have never read Lori Foster (although I did just pick up a ton of her books at the library book sale.) Right now, I am in the middle of her intro novella into this series from the anthology The Guy Next Door...that review should be up later today.

*Hot Finish by Erin McCarthy
This is book #3 in the Fast track series. So far, I have LOVED these books (see reviews for book 1...HERE and book 2...HERE) so I have high hopes for this one!

*Virgin by Cheryl Brooks
I received this as an ARC (advanced reader copy.) The book does not actually come out until June 1, 2011. This is a sci fi/paranormal series (this is book #7) that I have been reading for a while. They are fun for something a bit out of the norm in the romance genre. I have one other review on my blog here from the last one I read and you can see it HERE.

So what are you planning to read this week???

6 comments:

deannalynnc said...

A couple things. Make sure to read Backstage Pass first because that is book one in the series. Now if you already know that, sorry, I just saw the order you had them in and didn't want you to get confused! Also, this is pretty funny, I read The Guy Next Door anthology not to long ago. I hadn't read an anthology before so I was very disappointed. I guess I figured that the novellas would be a short story and that was it...so I was disappointed to find Lori Foster's as a set up for another series. I gave it a bad review. :-( I'll be interested to see what you think of the first book in the series though...maybe I'll give it a try not that I'm not as angry.

For me this week's reads are:
Finish Oogy by Larry Levin
Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler
Hounded by Kevin Hearne

Then I don't know from there. :-)

Christi Snow said...

I am pretty sure that I knew that...LOL! I would have looked it up for sure before reading them, so thanks Deanna. Yes, I have to agree with you that it's pretty crappy that this anthology is setting up 2 other series...although I ADORED Victoria Dahl's...even though it didn't actually end. We'll see about Lori Foster's. I've heard good things about WHEN YOU DARE so I am excited.

The only book I have heard of from your list is HOUNDED...good things heard too so I look forward to your reviews!! I hope that you are enjoying your time off from school!!! smiles....

Julie said...

Backstage Pass = Yum! Stolen Dreams is really fun! You'll like it. When You Dare - I can't wait to see what you think. I've seen good things about it and have been wondering whether or not I should get it. Hot Finish is not quite as emotional is the first two books but still a fun read. I don't know your last one. lol
I am reading Blood Brothers by Nora Roberts then it's off to read Eternal Seduction by Jennifer Turner. After that, well it depends if I get the okay from NetGalley for a book. If not, it'll be the next thing on my long list. :)

deannalynnc said...

I'm glad to hear you already knew that. I was worried because I haven't heard the best of the reviews for the second in the series and I didn't want that to be your first experience with the series. I haven't been able to read them yet but I've heard so much about them I can't wait to read them. :-)

Being off school has been very nice. I am enjoying the extra time to be able to read a lot! Hopefully I'll get in a good groove and be able to read even more then I am right now.

Christi Snow said...

NO!! don't tell me that book 2 isn't as good as book 1...I'll be crushed. I need the whole series to stay as good as book 1 was...OMG, I am still reeling! Thanks for watching my back. ;o) smiles...

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I am going to try to squeeze in If You Dare this weekend!

Have a great vacation :)