Friday, May 27, 2011

Stolen Dreams by Stacey Kennedy


Title:   Stolen Dreams
Author: Stacey Kennedy
My Rating: A

Genre: Contemporary Suspense
Series: Lingering Spirit #1
Main Characters: Tess Jennings & Kipp McGowan
Release Date: February 2011
ISBN0986593141 or 
978-0986593147
Publisher: -
Links to Purchase:
Barnes & Noble- $2.99 (e-book)
Amazon- $12.45 (trade paperback) & e-book- $2.99 
Borders- -
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
Tess Jennings has the ability to see and talk to spirits. On a daily basis, they harass and annoy her to save their souls. Sometimes she helps, other times she ignores them, but one ghost will give her no choice. Kipp McGowan, a cop with the Memphis Police Department, uses his ghostly charms to gain her attention and forces her to expose herself to his partner.

As she’s pulled into the five year old cold case of Hannah Reid she wants no part of, she finds herself in more than one precarious situation. But that’s the least of her worries?Tess begins to have a serious problem on her hands. Kipp might be dead, but he’s drop-dead gorgeous and she’s beginning to forget that he’s a ghost.

Murder and corruption has brought Tess and Kipp together. But as her feelings for Kipp deepen, she suspects she just signed herself up for a one-way ticket to the nut house, and can only hope, straitjackets come in a size four.

My Review:
I finished this book yesterday afternoon, then played with the kids, made dinner, went to a baseball game...you know, went on with life, but in the midst of all that, I cannot get this book out of my mind...I even dreamed about it. I know it's awful to say this when the book is about a ghost, but this book haunts me...Wow, it was seriously a GOOD BOOK!! I only hope that I can do it justice with this review...

I will admit, the opening scene started with the heroine, Tess, in Starbucks. At that point, I was already in love with this book. I know, I am easy. ;o) But then when this super-sexy ghost, Kipp, shows up who is so obviously attracted to Tess...yep, I already loved this book.

Tess has seen ghosts since she was 17. Sometimes she helps them, but most times, she tries to ignore them because she doesn't need the world knowing that she needs to be locked up in a crazy house. That's her plan when Kipp shows up...to simply ignore him, but she finds that impossible when he starts seducing her while she is out on a date. Seriously LOL moments in this scene!

Kipp was a gorgeous, smart cop who was murdered while investigating a cold-case. He is very attracted to Tess and doesn't try to hide it. He's tough. He's smart. He's gorgeous. He also just died a week ago and is trying to come to grips with that which gives him a vulnerable side that is so darn attractive. 

Kipp and Tess are absolutely perfect for each other and it is absolutely gut-wrenching and heart-breaking to read/watch. They can't even touch each other, but there is this soul-deep connection between them. It's really beautiful...and is making me cry right now while thinking about it....Wow, I never cry after-the-book. Yes, this book got to me. Such a beautiful love story.

BTW, they may not be able to touch, but the sex scenes in this book (yes, there are some) are SCORCHING HOT! Huge kudos to Stacey Kennedy for her writing because that couldn't have been easy to do...I did mention, they can't touch, right?!? Hot, HoT, HOT scenes!!

I know that the cover is lighthearted & fun looking...it's a bit deceiving. This book is much more intense than the cover suggests. There were several times throughout the book, that I found myself in tears. Don't get me wrong, it is VERY good, but emotional...not necessarily as light-hearted as the cover might make it appear...although it definitely has its fun moments too.

Last night, after I finished book #1, I posted on Stacey Kennedy's page about when is book #2 coming out. Luckily, we don't have long to wait. She said it will be out in August and I, for one, CANNOT WAIT!!! OMG, I can't wait to see where this series goes next!!

3 comments:

Paperback Daydreamer (Deanna) said...

Fabulous review Christi! I think you did the book justice for sure. You make me want to go pick this book up right now and read it! Especially since you had to mention that the sex scenes are scortching hot yet they can't touch...very interested in figuring that out. ;-) Great review and I'm excited to read it myself!

Amy said...

I liked this one too!

Julie said...

This couple IS absolutely gut-wrenching and heart-breaking to read/watch. Very well said! I am glad this series will be a trilogy. It just seems to fit well. And I am so stoked that Stacey said they would have a HEA. How? I have no clue, but I will read it to find out! Lovely review Christi!