Thursday, April 21, 2011

TBR Thursday- SERIES week!

You all know me and series books...
for the most part, I love them.  
They suck me in. 
I love that you get to know all the characters so much more deeply. 
I connect more with series books. 

On the other hand, I tend to get obsessed when I am reading a series...
not good, esp. for my family! ;o) 

So lately, I have been trying a different tact when reading series novels...reading them one at a time, rather than devouring them back-to-back. As a result, I have several series books that are in my TBR pile. I thought this would be a good week to tackle a few of them.


(#2 in the Werewolf series)

*Return to Me by Christy Reece
(#2 in the Last Chance Rescue series)
This is a re-read for me (I gave it a 5-star rating when I read it the first time.) Christy is doing a series of book discussions on her blog covering her past books over the next few months in prep for her new release (Sweet Justice- Aug.)

*First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost
(#1 in the Night Huntress World series...although it follows along with the Night Huntress series too)

*Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian
(#3 Midnight Breeds series)

*Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning
(#1 in the Highlander series)

*Flat-Out Sexy by Erin McCarthy
(#1 in the Fast Track series)

*Saddled and Spurred by Lorelei James
(#2 in the Blacktop Cowboy series)

*Born of Shadows by Sherrilyn Kenyon (not shown)
(#4 in the League series)


Are you reading any series books right now???


6 comments:

Amanda (On a Book Bender) said...

I've read both books in the Night Huntress World series and loved them! :) First Drop of Crimson is a little more on par with the Night Huntress series while Eternal Kiss of Darkness is a bit different (but still good). Enjoy!

Julie said...

First Drop of Crimson is good. As you know, I enjoyed Naked Werewolf. LOVED Flat-Out Sexy (books one and two are amazing...books three and four are alright). And Midnight Breed is good also. One of my favorites in the series. Can't wait to read your reviews and I must say that I'm impressed that you have been able to wait between book. Go you! :)

Christi Snow said...

I wish that I had realized that I needed to read the 2 night huntress world books between books 4 & 5 of the night huntress books since book 5 contained spoilers, but I am still really looking forward to both of the world books!

I am starting Flat out Sexy tonight, but I have had 2 glasses of wine so we will see how long I last. ;o)

I have been dying for Tegan's story, but from what I saw of his heroine in book 2 (I can't remember her name right now) I am not so excited about her. I hope that changes once I get into the book (Midnight Awakening.)

I am saving the Molly Harper book for while we are driving and doing the family thing on Easter Sunday. I figure it's innocent enough that the family won't be rolling their eyes at me. ;o)

Thanks for the feedback, girls!!

Amanda (On a Book Bender) said...

Christi, I read the Night Huntress World books after reading book 5 of the Night Huntress series. And loved the books anyway. :)

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

Let's see...

Current:
The Highlander Series by KMM (one a month)
The Immortal Series by KC (one a month)
Elemental Assassin Series (read all this month with the new one on my kindle--read next week)

What you are reading:
We all know I love the Midnight Breed series so YEAH you are reading it. Me--I am counting down to Hunter's book!

Molly Harper- the 2nd one was cute. Loved the hero and finally liked Maggie towards the middle of the book

FDOC- Love all of Jeaniene's books! I devoured all of them back to back. She was the first author I had done that too since Sherrilyn Kenyon and the Hunter Series.

Sherrilyn Kenyon- I haven't read the League series (though I do own them)

KMM- Highlanders series--I liked the first one. The 2nd one I will read next month :)

Christi Snow said...

Felicia, I have book #1 of KC's IAD series, but I didn't have room to put it into the series pile this week. I have a feeling I will want to devour those once I start.

That's what I did with the Night Huntress series too...I read all 5 of them within 3 days...it was crazy, but a good crazy! I did mention that I LOVE series books, didn't I?!? smiles...