Friday, April 1, 2011

Hot Pursuit by Suzanne Brockmann


Title: Hot Pursuit
Author: Suzanne Brockmann
My Rating: A

Genre: Romantic Suspense
Series: Troubleshooters #15
Main Characters: Alyssa & Sam Starrett
Release Date: March 2011 (paperback)
ISBN 978-0345501585 or 
 0345501586
Links to Purchase:
Amazon- $7.99
Borders- $7.99
Sexual Intensity: hot

Story Overview:
As team leader of the popular personal security company Troubleshooters Inc., Alyssa Locke is no stranger to dealing with danger. Her next assignment, though, is supposed to be a breeze: teach self-defense techniques to an assemblywoman and her chief of staff after a political controversy generates a blizzard of hate mail—including death threats. But then, while in New York City, Alyssa and her squad of moonlighting Navy SEALs discover a dead body. And then another one. While investigating a suspect, Alyssa is ambushed and finds herself imprisoned by the deranged serial killer she’s been after for years: The Dentist. Cut off from everyone, Alyssa must call upon all of her strength and skill to survive this confrontation with the sadistic monster, meanwhile trusting that her Troubleshooter teammates—led by her husband, operative Sam Starrett—will reach her before it’s too late.

My Review:
This is a wonderful book with some awesome suspense. This is book #15 of the Troubleshooters series. I have been saving this book for when #16 came out. This book had everything that I hoped for in the final book...it just wasn't the final one.

The ongoing relationship/love story between Sam and Alyssa remains to be one of my favorite story lines and this one did not disappoint in that aspect. I liked to be able to see Sam and Alyssa as their relationship has matured and they have matured with it. They share responsibilities. They respect each other and their fears and concerns for each other...what they do is dangerous business for both of them. It was good to see that even when they don't agree, they still respect the other's concerns. It was awesome to see this really healthy, loving relationship. I love Sam and Alyssa...and I still love Robin & Jules- another example of a really strong long-lasting relationship in this book.

A new relationship in this book is Jenni & Dan. This one was different. Dan is gorgeous and can get just about anyone he wants, but he's not a guy that likes one night stands. He likes relationships that last a week or two...long enough that there is some ease and comfort to the passion, but not too long for this commitment-phobe. I really enjoyed this story line. Jenni calls Dan out on his bs....she usually capitulates, but she lets him know that she's aware of the games that he's playing. Dan, on the other hand, ends up being really blown away from his unexpected attachment to Jenni. It's a fun story!

This is a great suspenseful novel. There is no secret from the very beginning to you the reader as to what the bad guy has planned...the suspense comes from not knowing when it's going to happen and who exactly is the bad guy that we keep seeing. It keeps you hooked from the very beginning and the climax is amazing!!! LOVED this book!!! It was great fun to see all the teams in action again.

2 comments:

deannalynnc said...

What a great review! I'm glad to see that you are really enjoying this series of books. I have heard a lot about them but I have not been able to read any of them.

I saw that you were following me on Twitter and I somehow missed that! So I decided to check out your blog. It looks like so much fun! I can't believe how many books you have alread read in 2011, I wish I could read that much! I also saw that you have First Drop of Crimson on your TBR pile. Have you read the rest of Jeaniene's books from the Night Huntress series??

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

Great Review!

I haven't really read many Contemporary Suspense books but they are on my "branch" out list for this year!