Friday, April 29, 2011

Friendly Fire by Megan Hart



Title:   Friendly Fire
Author: Megan Hart
My Rating: B-

Genre: Erotic Romance
Series: -
Main Characters: Kendall Frasier & Zane Vincent
Release Date: March 2011
ISBN: e-book
Publisher: Carina Press
Links to Purchase:
Barnes & Noble- $2.99 (nook)
Amazon- $2.39 (kindle)
Borders- $2.39 (e-book)
Sexual Intensity: erotic

I received my copy from netGalley for the purpose of a honest review.


Story Overview:
After Agent Kendall Frasier's partner is shot in "friendly fire" during a drug bust, she agrees to take a week's vacation on a tropical island as part of her psychiatric evaluation. Sand, sun, sea—what could be better to help her work through her guilt? Even if the presence of the man responsible for the shooting, Agent Zane Vincent, seems counterproductive to her mental health.

As Kendall gets to know Zane, and realizes he feels worse about what happened than she does, it becomes impossible to hate him. And their mutual attraction becomes impossible to deny.


Kendall and Zane soon agree to put the event that brought them together in the past—and spend the present exploring their most erotic desires. Do they have a future in the real world when their week in paradise is over?


My Review:
This book was a super-fast sweet little read. Sent to a tropical island as a recuperative retreat, Zane and Kendall are not exactly on friendly terms. Kendall's partner was just killed in a friendly fire incident during a drug bust. Zane just happened to be the one firing the shot. Everyone agrees that the partner made a wrong move and that is why he died. But both Kendall and Zane are dealing with guilt and blame issues, regardless of what they know in their heads.

This book was an easy-flowing, natural read. The chemistry between Zane and Kendall is undeniable. There are some great, hot scenes between the 2- one esp. hot one taking place with a wall between them. You'll just have to read the book, but the scene left me smiling. Super sexy while still remaining really sweet.

My only complaint was that the book wasn't long enough. I would have liked to have a bit more meat to the story line. What was included was very sweet, well-written, and entertaining. I just wanted more.

This is the first Megan Hart book that I have read. It was really very enjoyable. I need to see what else she has written and definitely check out some of her other books.

2 comments:

The Book Vixen said...

This one sounds interesting! Sounds like a tension-filled way for these two characters to get together. I heard this one is a short novel...

I haven't read a Megan Hart book yet. I need to correct that!

Sverige said...

I loved how Kendall was not afraid to take care of her own passion. There is a pretty awesome moment when she is taking care of business but doesn't know Zane is there. There is tension, but most of it is put out there by Kendall for cover up on her true feelings about everything. The tension keeps building until there is some explosive scenes that never felt unnatural. It wasn't a quick and easy falling in love, but it wasn't a drama riddled romance either.

Mostly I wanted this book to be longer. What happened after the ending? I want to know. But that didn't lessen my interest in this story, it just means I get to fill in the blanks.