Monday, April 11, 2011

Dangerous Games by Lora Leigh



Title: Dangerous Games
Author: Lora Leigh
My Rating: A-

Genre: Contemporary Suspense
Series: Tempting SEALS #1
Main Characters: Clint McIntire & Morganna Chavez
Release Date: February 2007
ISBN978-0312939922 or 
 0312939922
Links to Purchase:
Amazon- $7.99
Borders- $7.99
Sexual Intensity: erotic

Story Overview:

The first novel in Lora Leigh's brand-new romantic suspense series about Navy SEALS—featuring one of a few good men who knows how to fight for the woman he loves.

IT'S NOT WHETHER YOU WIN OR LOSE.
Navy SEAL Clint "Iceman" McIntire didn't earn his nickname by being a coward. Or a quitter. Having crushed an infamous drug cartel in Colombia, Clint was nothing short of an American hero. Now he's home, on a much-needed leave, but instead of some R&R, he finds himself neck-deep in trouble with his best friend's little sister, Morganna Chavez, the only woman who has the power to bring him to his knees. . .

IT'S HOW YOU PLAY….
Morganna has been secretly working with the DEA to uncover a thriving date-rape drug, which leads her to a shadowy faction that is more deadly than anything her team has ever encountered. Now it's up to Clint to keep this beautiful, determined agent out of harm's way, even while the passion between them threatens to consume them. Soon Clint's greatest mission will be not just keeping Morganna safe, but getting her into his arms and never letting go.


My Review:
This is a really powerful book. Unfortunately, I was reading it on a family road trip where my attention kept getting diverted from it. A particularly emotional scene that took only 3 pages in the book, took me about 3 hours to read because I kept having to focus on other things. I think that if I had been able to focus solely on the book, that it would have captured me more emotionally and rated higher in my estimation. Not that I didn't think that it was really good because it absolutely was. I just had a bit more emotional detachment from it then I think that I would have had if I had been able to focus entirely on the book.

I loved how incredibly strong both of these characters, Clint and Morganna, were. They have grown up together. They know each other really well, but Clint has secrets. Secrets that have deeply scarred his soul and kept him from Morganna.

I loved Morganna as a character. She loves Clint unconditionally and without reservations, but she knows that Clint is not willing to love her the same way. This is the last chance that she's going to give him and they are playing a dangerous BDSM game as they go undercover to catch the distributors of a new date rape drug.

Clint is pure alpha male. He is a well-known Dom in the underground world. He expects and demands submission, but he's met his match with Morganna because she does NOT submit to anyone. He can't help but lover her more for it. I loved this aspect of the story. Clint thinks that he can push Morganna around, but she pushes right back and never backs down. Her strength of character made this book for me. She loves him, but that absolutely does not mean that she's going to roll over for him and become something other that what she is for him.

Like I said, this is a really powerful and emotional book. I only hope that the rest of the series can live up to the caliber that this first book in the series has set...

No comments: